28. The Fall of the Don

The constable pushed Jungkook's wheelchair out of the room after Jungkook finished talking to his brother.

 "The three of you can now go and take your positions in the arena. Taehyung-ssi, you have to stay with us. We will be joining you when it is time" he said as he handed Jungkook's handles over to Namjoon. Namjoon and Yoongi bowed to them and patted Taehyung before leaving. 

They followed two other constables towards the arena and like Yugyeom said, the President's chair was right next to them. 

Jimin and Hoseok were waiting for them already, but none of them were in a mood to smile at each other. They simply gave each other a nod and stood in their places. Jimin immediately went and stood beside Yoongi, who silently put an arm around him.

After another half an hour, the President and the other officials arrived. They recognized Jungkook immediately and gave him a slight nod. Jungkook nodded back with a small smile. 

The next fifteen minutes' wait was too silent. The arena was already full of hundreds of reporters and cameramen, but there was pin-drop silence in spite of the number of people. 

Suddenly, there were a few gasps and Jungkook whipped his head towards the side that everyone else was looking at. 

A procession came in with two constables holding Jinho on both sides, followed by many other constables, the magistrate and Taehyung. Jinho's face was covered with a black cloth. 

Even though Jungkook had prepared himself, the second he saw that black cloth, the reality sunk in. It was his brother, after all. He was going to be hanged. All because of him.

His stomach churned as they took Jinho into the death cell and Taehyung took his position at the lever. Taehyung looked at Yugyeom, who gave him a slight nod. And then it happened. Something that had never happened in the history. 

Instead of pulling the lever, Taehyung walked forward and stood right in front of Jinho and slowly removed the cloth on his face along with the mask and glasses on his own face. 

Jinho took a second to adjust his eyes to the light and the blood drained from his face as he recognized the person standing in front of him. 

Jinho's mouth moved in horror and it seemed as if he was whispering 'Kim Taehyung'. But what Taehyung said back shocked them the most. 

He said "Hello, handsome" in a bold voice that penetrated through the arena, using the words right out of Seo Dae Shin's dictionary, with a smirk on his face.

Jinho had no words as he stared at Taehyung with horror, already anticipating the next step. And just as he had expected, "Did you think the county would let you die easily? Or did you think I would let you die easily? No, man! That's not how it works!" Taehyung exclaimed and took out a small box of orange pins and a pocket knife from his pocket. 

Now that he was facing Seo Dae Shin himself, the pins and the knife no longer triggered him. "Ring a bell?" he asked with a smirk on his face as he waved the box and the knife in front of his face. 

Jinho's eyes widened in horror and so did everyone else's eyes present in the arena. 

"YOU KILLED MY BROTHER! SPOILED MY DAD! KILLED HIM! ALMOST KILLED ME! WEAKENED MY HEART! MADE ME A USELESS VEGETABLE! YOU THINK I WOULD LET YOU DIE EASILY??" Taehyung yelled and placed his right hand on Jinho's collar and ripped his shirt off, leaving him half naked in front of hundreds of reporters. 

Yoongi, Namjoon, Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook couldn't bat an eyelash as they watched Taehyung's actions with their jaws on the floor. 

"SUFFER, YOU JERK! SUFFER AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE TORTURED!" Taehyung yelled as he placed the knife on Jinho's chest and carved the name 'Kim Taehyung' on it without any hesitation.