Doctor Who - Chapter 31

Start from the beginning

"I suppose we should discuss what it is we are going to do in relation to their plans?" the Master offered solemnly.

Natasha looked at him. She found it despicable that only three Gallifrayens were left and the Master wanted to destroy one of them. Being on the border of extinction was nothing pleasant and they didn't need to be pushed any farther.

"I suppose we should," Natasha said, looking at all three of them. "But first I would like some tea."

Lucifer, Moriarty, and the Master all rolled their eyes in unison. "What?" Natasha scoffed, "I'm thirsty! I can't tell you their plans if I have a parched throat!"

Jim sighed before walking past her and through a door that had an "employees only" sign on it. The Master set to looking at the displays in the window and Lucifer walked over to Natasha.

"You're very different," he mused, picking up a strand of her hair and observing it.

Natasha tried to chuckle. "I can't say the same about you," she replied, gently removing the lock of hair from his fingers. She gave a quick smile before slightly stepping to the side to observe a shelf that displayed different types of candy.

"As much as I dislike to say so, I believe this new face is better than the last," Lucifer stated, standing next to Natasha.

"And why is that?" she asked, trying to focus on the melty chocolate truffles that were long past their expiration date.

"Well, the blonde wasn't going for me," Lucifer shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets, "But it's not just that. This face seems so...experienced. Like it's already seen so much in so little time. I suppose I find it rather entertaining."

Natasha looked at him. "Are you searching for debate, Lucifer? I do not appreciate having my face called entertaining," she snapped.

He chuckled. "I didn't mean it offensively," he replied, raising an eyebrow. Natasha stared at him. What was the story behind Lucifer? Why did someone so vile try so hard to be charming?

"I'm sure you didn't," she replied sarcastically, turning away to look at one of the displays in the windows.

Lucifer removed his hands from his pockets and followed Natasha. "I didn't!" he said, grinning.

Natasha rolled her eyes and observed the rocking horse that was balancing a few books on its little seat. "You know, Lucifer, aside from gathering information about plans, I did hear some interesting opinions about you," Natasha said, picking up one of the books and opening it.

Lucifer closed it immediately. "Like what?" he asked curiously. Natasha looked up at his face and he had a devilish smirk on his lips.

"Well, the Winchesters really don't like you," Natasha nodded to herself thoughtfully, "I'd go so far as to say they hate you actually."

"Tell me something I wouldn't already know," Lucifer said, running his hand through his hair again.

"You're awful," Natasha replied.

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "Heard that one, too," he said, "You can do better. How about the fact that I have a great personality and that I am shockingly handsome?"

"Well, I can't lie now, can I?" Natasha replied with a smirk.

Lucifer scoffed. "Not even a little bit handsome?" he complained.

"Fine, you're a little handsome, but don't get all full of yourself," Natasha said. Why did he care so much about what people thought of him?

Lucifer scowled. "Just a little?" he whined, "Fine, then you are only a little pretty."