Doctor Who - Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Doctor Who

Natasha walked down the rain-stained sidewalk, trying to convince herself that everything was going to be okay. That the plan was going to fan out perfectly. That she would be with Sam, Dean, Castiel, John, Sherlock, and the Doctor again soon. But every time she gained even a tiny bit of hope, it was crushed when she remembered the faces of Lucifer, Moriarty, and the Master. When she remember that the prophecy of the angels predicted the good guys would lose.

Castiel had told them that the prophecies were rarely ever incorrect and Natasha assumed that it was by some incredible, magical force that they were wrong. Basically, they needed a miracle.

Sherlock had thought out the best plan he could with the help of the Doctor. They were both geniuses and Natasha knew their plan was good, but she still had her doubts.

After crossing the street, Natasha saw the shop where Lucifer, Moriarty, and the Master were supposed to be keeping under the radar. It was a small little store with all kinds of displays in the windows for toys, sweets, and drinks. The small marquee that would typically be blinking "open" was off and there was graffiti on the door and windows. It looked like it hadn't been open in a very long time.

Natasha felt a bit of relief. Maybe no one was hurt just so they could find a nice cozy place to scheme. Maybe. Hopefully.

She stopped just beside the shop so no one inside could see her. Natasha backed into the small alley next to a dumpster and crouched down, taking deep breaths. She was determined to go through with the plan. She was going to do it for Sam, Dean, John, Sherlock, and the Doctor. They were counting on her. The fate of the world was resting on all of their shoulders and she was going to carry as much as she could.

Taking another large breath, Natasha stood up. She turned the corner and walked straight to the doorstep of the store. She knocked on the glass a few times before waiting. No one answered and she let out an angry sigh. "It's me," she called, hoping they'd hear her, "Natasha."

A figure emerged from the shadows inside the store and she stepped back, slightly alarmed. Two more figures appeared behind the first and she swallowed. There was shifting and then the door was opened, revealing the face of Jim Moriarty grinning at her. "You're back," he stated cooly. "I told you she'd be back!" Moriarty turned to face the other two men.

Lucifer stared at her with a smirk on his lips, while the Master folded his arms and looked uninterested. Natasha snorted. "Well you haven't changed," she said.

"Ah, but it appears you have," Lucifer replied, running a hand through his hair.

"You've regenerated," the Master stepped forward, "Or you're an imposter."

"I can assure you I'm not an imposter," Natasha rolled her eyes and stepped into the store, closing the glass door behind her. "I got your notes, Jim. And I figured I would side with the team who has the better chance at winning. Those idiots don't even know what they're doing."

Lucifer paced around them, nodding approvingly. "I'm assuming you've learned their plans then?" he asked from behind her.

The hair on the back of Natasha's neck stood up. She collected her thoughts, which were scattered messily across her mind, like sticky notes that had been scribbled and posted wherever there was space. "Yes," she nodded, turning to face him. He was closer to her and she stepped back, startled. She cleared her throat and stood back by the Master. "Yes," she repeated.

Moriarty smiled. "This is exciting!" he said giddily, rubbing his hands together. Natasha tried to grin but it turned into a thin smile.

No, it wasn't exciting. It was awful. "Yes it is," she agreed, "I know just what they plan to do and when they plan to do it."