Chapter 5 (Part 1)

Previously

The next day, Akko and Amanda's group were punished again, with the same punishment like yesterday. Instead of only the two of them, Mahiko was also with them, a professor specifically Professor Nelson, saw him folding the sheets last night which the wizard tried to come up an excuse on why he is doing this and not them. This made the professor assured but later she learned from the students who are witnesses during the night that the wizard insisted that the two teams to leave and retrieve the stone, which that excuse that the wizard said was a lie. When the two teams plus Diana, along with the professors and the headmistress returned to the school with the stone back in the campus, Professor Nelson reported to them about Mahiko being involved in the two teams' escapade. This made the professors and the headmistress scold the two teams, and told them that Mahiko will also be punished. And here they are now, in the laundry room with all of them doing their specific tasks and with Mahiko on the sidelines, quickly yet neatly folding as many sheets as he can.

"I guess you didn't my help after all Akko. You managed the situation just fine." Mahiko said and smiled at the girl, who awkwardly chuckles at him even though she couldn't see his smile thanks to his face mask.

"Sorry that you didn't get to help us Mahiko-san. You seem to want to help us from the beginning." Akko apologizes to him while she lifts another bag of unclean sheets of cloth.

"No worries Akko. I will get some action soon enough after all of this." Mahiko reassures her while he neatly folds as many clean cloths as fast as he can while she returns towards her friends and helps them.

While all of them were doing their own chore, with Amanda and Akko going at it again on their arguments with Lotte tried to calm them down, the staff of Mahiko that is leaning on a wall next to him, started vibrating and blinking colored blue. This made the wizard stop his chore, picked his staff up and went outside of the room for a more private conversation, when he saw there is no one present outside and the door closed of the room, he tapped his staff on the ground two times, until the crescent crown of the staff starts to glow and form a mirror-like projection inside.

"Eyo. Oh Hi Cuz! It has been a long time since I saw and heard of you. How were you? Good. Uh huh. I am doing good here as well. Students here are good, especially my friends. The professors? Yeah, they seem to be alright. What? You are coming here? When? How? OK, OK. It is a good thing that you called and said that you are coming, or else I'll be beating your ass for the sudden appearance. OK, see you soon Cuz." The conversation between Mahiko and his caller was short, but it is enough for the wizard to know what is going to happen. He ended the call by tapping his staff twice on the ground and his staff stopped glowing.

Mahiko sighed and went back to the laundry room with Amanda and Akko still going at it with Lotte trying to seperate them. He quietly went back to his task, placed his staff on the wall and started folded the clean sheets, being his 120th sheet.

'Time to prepare myself.' Mahiko thought to himself as he eyes focus on the task he is doing right now.

--------------------------------------

Third Person POV

In Professor Badcock's class, Metamorphosis magic, all of them were tasked to change a mouse that is placed in front of the chalkboard into any animal they can imagine in front of the entire class, with the professor on the side of the chalkboard evaluating their performance. Most of them were successful on performing metamorphosis magic, some even went on turning the mouse into some imaginary animals. The next student is Lotte Jansson who is about to perform her metamorphosis magic on the animal.