Boyf riends- soulmate string au

TW: Self-harm/suicide attempt
Third person POV
Michael and Jeremy were patiently waiting for midnight in Michael's room, ready to see if Michael's string would appear. The two both stared at the clock and at the moment that the screen said '12:00' their eyes moved to Michael's hand. There was nothing there. Michael immediately feels sadness fill him. "Oh.." he says and sighs. Jeremy places a hand on his shoulder. "Dude, it probably just means your soulmate isn't 18 yet!" Michael slowly turns to look at Jeremy and smiles. "Yeah, you're probably right." He says and sighs again. "You're way to awesome of a person to not have a soulmate." Jeremy says and looks into Michael's eyes. Michael blushes softly and says: "Thanks Jere."

For the rest of the month, Michael never got his string. Jeremy continued to comfort him.

But then they were back. Waiting for midnight once again. Jeremy sat in silence as his eyes moved between the clock, his hand, and Michael's hand. Michael had kinda spaced out so when Jeremy screeched like a little girl he jumped slightly. "HOLY SHIT!!!!" Jeremy yells. "WHAT????" Michael yells back. Jeremy seems to lose the ability to speak as he points to Michael's hand and then to his own. Michael gasps. "Platonic soulmates are a thing, right?" Jeremy says, just hiding his feelings as always. Michael feels his heart shatter. "Yeah.. that's what we are! I guess." He nervously laughs and looks down. The two sit in silence for the rest of the night.

They continue as platonic soulmates for months, until one day Jeremy gets sick of hiding his feelings and invites Michael over.

Jeremy's POV
I nervously wait for Michael to arrive. I hear a knock at the door and hop out of my bed and run downstairs. I open the door and look up at Michael. "H-hey!" I stutter and nervously wave. "Hey dude! What's up?" He says and smiles. "I uhm, wanted to tell you something important." I say as I motion for him to come in. He walks in and I close the door and lead him up to my room where we both sit down on my bed, facing each other. I slowly reach over and intertwine our fingers. He blushes. "Jer? You alright?" He says softly. "Y-yeah, uh..." I look into his eyes. "Michael, I don't think that we're platonic soulmates.." Michael looks like he's going to cry. "Michael? What's wrong?" He takes a deep breath and pulls his hands away from mine and stands up. "I get it. You don't want to be friends anymore. I'll leave now, but I want to say some stuff to you first." I start crying. "Micha n-" I'm cut off. "I thought I could trust you. I let it go after the squip because that wasn't you. This is you. And I thought we were gonna be friends forever. 'We're never not gonna be a team', right? RIGHT?? FUCK YOU!" He says as he storms out of my room and out of the house.
Third person POV
Jeremy starts sobbing as he curls up into a ball and cries into his knees. "Th-th-thats n-n-not wh-what I m-m-meant.." he says through sobs. Michael angrily walks away from Jeremy's house and closer to his own. Jeremy gets out his phone and starts typing a message to Michael.

Player 2: im so so so so so sorry i didn't mean it like that. i meant that i thought that we were romantic soulmates. i still want to be your friend...or boyfriend...if that's cool with you. i get it that you hate me now and stuff so I'll just leave you alone. forever.

He sends the message and continues crying. Michael's words echo in his head as he shakily stands up and walks over to the bathroom. He rolls up one of his pant legs and sits down, getting out his blade and pressing the cold metal to his warm skin. He smiles as the blood starts to flow. He starts to softly sing. "So what if it's us~? What if it's us~? And only us...and what came before won't count anymore, or matter...can we try that~?" He continues making cuts until he's lost count. His vision starts to blur. "I love you Michael.."

Michael feels his phone buzz, but ignores it. Once he gets home he opens the door, storming up to his room, not even saying hi to his moms. He gets up to his room and takes out his phone, just now seeing Jeremy's message. He starts crying as he realizes: he fucked up. He runs out of his room and out the house and starts running as fast as he can back over to Jeremy's house. Once he gets there he uses his extra key and opens the front door, slamming it open and running up to Jeremy's room. He sees that his bathroom door is open and slowly walks over and pushes the door open to reveal a horrific scene. Jeremy, on the floor, trying his best to stay awake, blood pouring from his leg, razor blade in hand. Michael immediately rushes over to Jeremy and starts crying. "Jer?? Jere?? Jere-bear??? Jeremy????" He sits down and moves Jeremy so he is laying in his lap. Jeremy looks up at him. "micha...?" He says weakly. Michael looks down at Jeremy and sobs. "Yes! Jere I'm heere I'm heere okay?? It's going to be okay you're going to be okay just stay with me!" Jeremy starts crying again. He slowly nods. "Good, I-I'm going to call an ambulance now." Michael pulls out his phone and dials 911. He explains the situation and hangs up, looking back down into Jeremy's eyes. "I'm heere, you're going to be okay, just stay with me jer, stay with me.." he softly wipes away Jeremy's tears with his thumb. Jeremy smiles and looks back into Michael's eyes.

They stay like that until the ambulance comes and takes Jeremy away, leaving Michael to wait.

Time skip, 2 weeks later.
Michael was in his room, sadly thinking about Jeremy when his thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing. He picks up and places the phone to his ear. "Hello?....Yes, that's me....he's awake?!?....okay, I'll be right over!!" He hangs up and runs downstairs, yelling: "JEREMYS AWAKE, SEE YA LATER!" Before slamming the front door open and getting in his car, starting it up and driving off to the hospital. Once he gets to the hospital, he goes up to the front desk, desperately asking for Jeremy's room number. When he gets it, he starts to speed walk around, searching for his room.

Jeremy was in his hospital room, looking down, picking and biting at his nails, when he hears the door being opened. He looks up. "MIKEY????" His face immediately lights up. (not literally) Michael runs over to him. "Yeah!!" Jeremy reaches out his arms to hug Michael. Michael accepts and hugs Jeremy. They stay in the hug for a few minutes before they pull away. Jeremy looks into Michael's eyes and places one of his hands on his cheek. "Hi~" Michael blushes but doesn't stop him. "So, uh, about the romantic soulmates thing.." he (Michael) says and looks away. "Yeah?" Jeremy says, slowly pulling his hand away. "I'd love that." Michael says and looks back into Jeremy's eyes, smiling. Jeremy smiles big. "Really?" He asks. "Really." Michael confirms. "Does that mean we can kiss?" Michael chuckles. "Yes, that does mean we can kiss." Jeremy gasps slightly. "Can we???" (Jeremy) "Right now?" (Michael) Jeremy nods. Michael slowly starts to lean in. Jeremy's eyes widen as he realizes that Michael wasn't joking. He closes his eyes and waits. Michael softly presses his lips onto Jeremy's. Jeremy softly kisses back, loving the feeling. It feels like forever until Michael eventually pulls away. "I love you, Jer, okay?" Jeremy nods. "I love you too, Mikey."