Chapter 48

Lucien sighs, staring out the window long after Sera and Leo's figure had faded away into the depths of the castle.

He wanted to be there too, proudly holding his son, Sera at his side. The duties were still there on his desk, waiting for him to go through them while the ministers waited at the side for him to finish his small break.

With a voice taut with anger, Sera speaks to him, holding a silver tray.

"Hello, King Lucien, sorry I'm late with your lunch tray"

Hiding the happiness that blooms like a golden sunflower to hear Sera's voice, Lucien fixes his expression to appear kingly and turns.

And freezes.

Lucien stared at her in shock.

What the hell happened to Sera??!

"What happened to you!? Who did this!!?"

He hadn't seen the dark stains or messy hair or the small cuts on her arms from the window. Taking the lunch tray and setting it on the ground next to Sera's feet, he turns her face for any injuries before ripping open the sleeves of her dress to check how far the cuts had gone.

"Come here!! Right now!" Pulling out the ring strung around his neck on a chain, he yells into it, while it glows white in response.

"Bring me a new dress and a comb." Next, Lucien snaps at the closest knight, who looks incredulous at the order.

"Quickly!"

"Understood!" The knight sprints off, acknowledging the urgency of his King.

Pushing the hair out of Sera's face, he cups his large hands around her cheeks.

"Tell me where it hurts. Whoever did this, I'll-"

"Oh, I don't know, I just had an encounter with your betrothed."

Scratch her plan about seducing Lucien. Sera wanted answers first. No more games. And Dorne!! What was HE still doing here!? Both Lady Amelia and Dorne had made Leo cry. Sera gritted her teeth in anger remembering Leo's scrunched up face glistening with tears.

This fiancée of Lucien's was the last straw. If that Lady Amelia became Leo's stepmother..

Goosebumps rose on Sera's skin at the terrifying thought. A woman willing to humiliate and hurt another would be just as able to hurt a small child.

Not just hurt. Even kill.

That makes Sera's hackles rise, the anger flaring up brighter, fists clenched white at her sides. Someone like Lady Amelia was even more dangerous then Dorne.

"Who?"

"Your betrothed! Lady Amelia, remember?"

"I don't know any Lady Amelia! Sera, calm down. We need to get your wounds dressed."

"Shouldn't you be off wooing Lady Amelia instead of looking after your mistress?"

"Who the hell is Lady Amelia!"

"Somebody tell me who Lady Amelia is!!" Lucien grabs the nearest minister and shakes him.

"Uhhh, sire.. Lady Amelia? Your rumored betrothed? Daughter of Dame Gertrude?" The older man sweats through his finery, knees knocking together.

"Daughter of that cunning biddy!? I want her brought up here, right now."

"Th-the biddy, or the daughter?" One of the knights step forward, uncaring of the glare the nobleman shoots him with at the disrespect to a Lady.