🍇 𝗦𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁:
This chapter contains how Hana was scouted for SM entertainment.

HANA's POV
𝗗𝗲𝗰.𝟭𝟯.𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟱

"Get up" my older brother shouted while jumping on my bed.

"Shut up" I groaned while kicking him off, why's he so loud.

"Grandma said she wants to go shopping with you" he said while hitting my arm "now get up before I pour water on you"

I shot up immediately knowing that he wasn't joking. Yesterday he had threatened to pour water on me but I ignored him, then I woke up soaking wet.

"I'm up now get out" I said shooting him out "tell her I'll be down in 10"

I went to the toilet and do all my business, I was to lazy to wear makeup today so I just skipped that step.

I brushed my wavy hair out and decided to put it in a pony tail, but I left out a few strands otherwise I would feel like an egg.

When I was done, I made my bed and grabbed my phone and wallet then headed downstairs.

I was at grandparents house for the Christmas holidays. My family and I spend Christmas in Korea every year because my mother doesn't want us to forget our heritage. Dad's ok with it since we spend thanksgiving with his side of the family.

I grabbed an apple and kissed my grandparents on the cheeks.

"Good morning" I said with my mouth full.

"Manners" my mom reprimanded from the living room.

"Ahh it's alright" grandma said while pinching my cheeks.

"I'm ready let's go" I said enthusiastically. I was excited because I wanted to get boba tea. Korean boba is better than the boba in London, I'm not sure why but it just tastes better.

"Are you only going to eat an apple?" Grandma questioned worriedly "you're already so skinny eat more"

"I'm not skinny" I whined "and plus I'll eat more later I'm gonna meet my friends for lunch later today and knowing them we're gonna eat ALOT" I explained

"Alright, alright. Let's go" she said standing up.

We took the train to Hongdae and started shopping for clothes and cute stationary.

We shopped for a few hours when I suggested we get boba and sit at a café since grandma was getting tired.

When we entered the café grandma sat down at a table while I went to order for us.

While I was waiting in line a lady approached me. She was wearing business attire and her hair was in tight bun. She looked like a CEO or something.

"Hello I'm Lee yoorim, I work for SM entertainment. My colleagues and I saw you walking down the streets with your grandmother and we were astounded at your beauty and your fashion sense" she said while smiling politely.

"Oh really thank you" I said flustered at the sudden compliments, but what on earth is SM entertainment?

"We were wondering if you'd like to audition to become and idol under SM" she said while analyzing my face.

I was taken aback, hold on what do they mean idol? I'm so confused.

"Um-" I began but was cut off

"You don't have to answer straight away" she said, then she stuck her hand into her pocket looking for something. "Here's my card, you can call us when you have an answer" she said smiling

"Thank you" I said while taking the card.

"Pleasure's all mine, we'll be waiting for your response. Thank you for your time" she said while leaving.

I stood there dumbfounded trying to process what just happens.

"Excuse me? Ma'am can I take your order" the cashier said, snapping me out of my trans.

"Oh yeah sorry" I said apologetically "can I have one brown sugar milk tea with no pearls and one matcha milk tea please"

"That'll be KRW10,000" the cashier said. I payed and collected the drinks.

Once I sat down at the table grandma prayed me with questions about that lady.

"I don't know who she was" I began "she said she works for SM entertainment? I don't know what that is. But she asked if I could audition for them and gave me her card, she said to call her when I had an answer for them" I explained while sipping my matcha milk tea.

Grandma then explained to me what SM was and what being an idol meant.

"I think you should audition, you've always like music" she said while looking thoughtful "and even if you don't get accepted it was just for fun" she turned to me.

"I'm not sure" I said hesitantly "maybe I will, but I'd have to ask mom first"

"Great!" She exclaimed "I'm sure she'll support you in whatever choice you make. As will I"

I smiled and thanked her. If I do audition it could change my life completely. I'd have to move to Korea and leave all my friends behind, but I'd also be able to see my grandparents more and I'd have the chance to fulfill my dream of becoming a musician.

It's a tough choice. I guess it depends on my moms answer.