Chapter 27: Return to Moonlight Pack

Start from the beginning

  "Yeah. " I plopped down on her bed and laid on my stomach watching her.

   Lindsey and I had seen each other naked numerous of times, especially that day we lost our virginities to eachother all those years another go when we were thirteen, so we were comfortable being around each other even in the half nude.

  "Watcha doin' ?" I asked as she once again grabbed another dress from her closet.
"Trying to figure out which dress to wear to the winter ball." She let out an exasperated sigh and sat down beside me.

  "I'm sure whatever you wear your mate,  if you find him, will love you regardless." I said and she smiled down at me, excitement clear in her green eyes.

  "I really do hope I find him and that he accepts me for who I am." Her pink lips turned down in a frown.
"Hell be nothing like Blake." I assured.

Her green eyes shun with unushered tears but she stood up and wiped them away quickly.
"You need to stop doing that Lin." I sighed amnoyed.

   "Do what ?" She asked, knowing dang well what I was talking about.

    "You don't have anything to prove to anyone anymore, Lin." I sat up in her plush bed and stood next to her, she glanced away from the mirror and into my eyes. Her eyes searching,  searching for answers. She had always been like a lost little girl trying to find her place in the world. Her place was beside me, as my Beta. "You've proven your strength to the pack. There's no need to be embarrassed to cry, it's not a form of weakness. It shows that you haven't let the beast in you claim you, that you still have your humanity in you."

Her green orbs didn't look away from me, and I knew I had gotten through to her when her face lit up in a smile.

  My bestfriend really was beautiful,  she lit up the room as soon as she walked in. Who ever her second chance Mate turned out to be, he  better treat her like a queen. Because she deserved that after all these years of agony she's gone through because of Blake and Danielle.

  "Did I tell you that Blake came to visit me a few weeks ago?" She kept looking at her reflection in the mirror, as if mesmerized "He does that every few months. He says he misses me, that Danielle doesn't make him happy." She let out a humorless laugh " but then the very next day he's back with her, as if he hadn't made love to me the night before. Thing is…. She's pregnant now. And I can't stay here."

   I wrapped my arms around her, wanting desperately to ease her pain but yet knowing I couldn't.

   "He's an asshole. " a low growl escaped me.

I hated seeing Lindsey so heart broken.

"I guess going with you back to Moonlight Pack is like an escape for me. Just for a few months. But I hope I return with a Mate, a mate who would love me unconditionally.  I want that for you Damian." Her green eyes pleaded with me as she laid a hand on my cheek "I want you to be happy."

    I pulled away with a sigh.
"I think this one would look amazing on you."

I handed her a dress and then walked to the door "I have something to do."

  Then without another word I walked out of her room and went in search of Blake.

*****

"I'm sure gonna miss you son." Steven sighed giving me a bear hug.
  "I'll be home before you know it pops." I returned his hug, savoring this moment.

My father meant the world to me, he was the only family I had left.

   My mother had never had anymore children before she died.