Chapter 16: Game on!

Lance:

I kept thinking that it would be awkward after we both woke up after making love.

   But it wasn't.

Things went back to normal, and Ashley was pain free.

We had to go back home tomorrow unfortunately, but I promised myself I would protect Ashley from Damian.

  He had already done enough damage to her, but I wouldn't allow it any longer.

He was a pathetic dumbass who deserved to rot in hell!

  He would pay for what he did to Ashley, of that I would make sure.

As it turned out Damian had been here last night.

I could smell him outside, he hadn't stayed long.

But why had he been here ? Is what puzzled me.

I woke up early,  I couldn't sleep.    

Everything kept replaying in my head.

From how amazing last night had been to how delicious Ashley had tasted.

  I was addicted and I knew it as soon as we first began.

I'd always had a thing for her, but now things were even more intense.

  Not only had I given her her first kiss but I'd also taken her innocence.

Knowing how close we were growing up, I was almost certain that we would be Mates.

  It killed me that once she turned 18 it turned out we weren't.

Ash was lucky, he'd found his Mate on the same day he turned of age.

   But this was destiny , and so I had to let it run its course.

Of course I'd be there every step of the way , I'd always be there for Ashley.

  I pledged as a young child that I would always keep her safe, and I failed.

Buy from now on I swore I would keep her out of harms way, even if that meant discouraging any guys to go for her.

  I shook my head, clearing my head of these thoughts before going inside.

I hoped his smell went away by the time she awoke.

  I made us some breakfast and she ate it in bed.

I was so glad that the shakes and fever had gone away, leaving her as perfect as ever.

Well one thing led to another and next thing you know were at it again for a second time.

  We finally manage to make it out of bed by noon.

We stayed out by the lake the majority of the time, riding jet skis and going fishing on the boat.

  It was fun just the two of us, I loved how carefree she became.

Unfortunately it was now time to go, and Ashley was pacing from wall to wall.

  "Baby " I said for the hundredth time "I'm sure that jerk won't mess with you. In fact I'm positive, unless he wants that pretty little face of his deformed."

   "No." She refused to look at me, and it hurt "I can't be I'm the same house as him. I can't stand it!"  

"So let me get this straight ." I said now aggravated as I gently wrapped my arms around her waist. I smiled as she shivered beneath my touch "Your going to let some egotistical jerk, who isn't worried about you at all, drive you out of your house ? "