𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

Namjoon seemed to realise that I wasn't fond of the conversation and changed it very quickly. "I called you here to apologise for Yoongi's behaviour. It impacted you both negatively and it was totally uncalled for." I looked towards Jungkook, wondering if he'd heard about Yoongi's mishap, but he didn't look surprised so I assumed that Jin had told him earlier. "His intentions were good but he's an unbridled fool and I promise that all of us had every desire to get both Jungkook and you out of the laboratory."

I nodded gratefully. "It's okay."

It wasn't okay, in the slightest. Yoongi risked my life for a reason that he hadn't cared to explain. If it couldn't be worse, he hadn't even apologised. I could already tell that me and Yoongi were definitely not going to get along.

I wouldn't tell Namjoon that, though. There was no use putting up a barrier between the seven boys when they'd only just been reunited. This was something that I would have to deal with, alone and with much care. Yoongi truly was like a flame; add fuel to the fire and you'll get burnt.

"Jin managed to make you a temporary bedroom, if you wish to stay with us."

"What about my family?" My nerves seems to hit me like a tsunami as I awaited his answer. I wasn't in desperate need to see my family but it would be nice to warn them about what is going to come and that I'm safe and protected.

Namjoon paced for a second, the thoughts collecting in his mind as he pondered. He pulled a keyboard close to him and typed something in. "First things first, MediHeal will not hurt your family." He pinched his nose and leaned back in his chair. "It's not their style but, that doesn't mean to say that they won't have 24/7 sight on them. If we allow you to get contact, we are going to have to exceptionally careful." He typed into his computer again with pursed lips. "Give me a couple of days and I'll find an untraceable line."

"Thank you," I said, my head tilted back in relief. My mother was very worrisome and if she got word of my runaway from anyone other than myself, she'd go berserk. It was certainly something that I did not want to deal with.

Jungkook spoke next, still looking at all the maps and information displayed on the screens. "How long are we staying here?"

Namjoon already had a clear answer. "Three days, maximum. I've managed to get in touch with Si-Hyuk and he happened to find us a city apartment in Incheon. It's a bit of squash but better than nothing."

Jungkook's eyebrows raised and his mouth opened in shock. "You've been in contact with Si-Hyuk?" I remembered him telling me about this 'Si-Hyuk' and how he was a former scientist who had helped the boys escape and then had miraculously disappeared.

"He got in touch after you were captured. Alongside Hayeon, he's been giving us a lot of inside information." Namjoon seemed to soften his gaze. "Maybe he'll come and visit?"

Jungkook pulled an almost petulant look but nodded. "I'd like that."

I could feel the conversation coming to a close so I quickly asked a question, my words jumbling into one. "Are you sure I'm welcome here?" I couldn't help but feel insecure and worried that I was intruding. Yoongi already hated me and I didn't want the others to dislike me also.

Namjoon seemed to understand what I had uttered under my breath and fixed his gaze onto mine. "Miss Kim, if I may..." I nodded for him to continue. "You've already become part of the family. Yoongi hyung is one of seven and even he doesn't hate you." I went to argue but he held up a finger. "Trust me. I don't know if Jungkook told you this but I can control minds, it just takes an incredible amount of concentration and energy. If anyone could tell you an accurate description of Yoongi's feelings towards you, it would be me. Mind control is very, very personal but you find yourself learning more and more about a person without having to invade the privacy of their own thoughts."

That made sense and I found myself unable to sit still as I awaited Namjoon's next sentence.

"Yoongi is complicated but he'll warm up to you given the chance. And the others... well I'm sure you've found out what they think about you."

My mind flashed back to Hoseok's hug, Taehyung's eager and outlandish imagination about me and Jungkook and Jin's constant desire to check on my wellbeing. They all certainly seemed pretty welcoming and open to having a new recruit to their small band of escapees.

I felt Jungkook nudge me in the side. "You're one of us now. No escaping."

My heart soared. "I wouldn't dream of it."