Fighting (For What I Call Love)

Jayson won’t let me fight but this is what I have been training for so I am ready. He knows he wouldn’t of been able to keep me from it anyways. We walk out the door, more like run, and swords are meeting flesh, bows are flying, and people are dying. Only once I got someone down they didn’t look all that human, or alive… I just thought it was the light that made them look like that, or maybe them coming to us from a bar. There was a lot of them and to many to all come from the same bar and randomly know to come here. Or did the boys gamble? Did they own money… I stopped thinking and continued fighting, soon we were all spaced out and I was alone in a cornered area. I was striking them but one got me. He got hit but them threw my sword and walked towards me, He walked like a zombie and he reached out for me. I screamed.

“MEALODY!” I heard Jayson scream from somewhere and then Jayson lands in front of me and starts fighting beside me. I start crying and tuck myself into the corner, hope I don’t go into shock. First the people I am fighting and two Jayson jumping from a building.

But I didn’t know what happened next because everything went black and my mind was at a lost.

I woke up and all the boys surrounded me as I lay on the bed Jayson and I almost had sex in. I jumped and my head lurched up causing a headache to form and I scream with the pain I feel inside. Jayson places a hand on my head and it’s so cold that I stop screaming and breath heavily.

“What happened?” I asked through tears.

“You just passed out. What do you think happened?” He asked cautiously…

“I was fighting in a cornered area while everyone else was spread out. Everything was going normal when… my sword wasn’t there and they reached for me but you jumped from a window or something and … I don’t know.” I cry harder and my vision is bad.

“It was just a dream. Trust me…” Jayson says and turns around to look at the boys. Something happened between them because they all exit and it is just me and Jayson.

“Jayson was it-” Everything went black again and I heard Jayson scream and the boys footsteps racing back to the room. That’s all I remember.

Once my eyes opened again everyone was sleeping on the floor and I got up trying to sneak out once Jayson’s purple eyes lit up and I frowned. He had heard me and I wish he hadn’t, I don’t feel like talking only taking a relaxing walking in the silence of the night. I exited the room and Jayson walked out behind me and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and felt my heart sink. I was sad and depressed right now, if I truly wanted to I could just cry in his arms and never stop. Only I had to be strong.

“Are you ok?” He whispers into my hair as we begin rocking.

“I’m fine, just need to relax…” I fall silent and he pulls from the hug and looks into my eyes, everything goes white,-

“People are bound to get hurt but it’s the heart that survives.” I look into Jayson’s watery eyes as he lies on a bed, he looks ill almost dead and I would’ve been in tears if I could have. “If you choose to leave I will always love you and have you in my heart. Sure your memories will fade, our memories will fade, but our love will remain.” A tear slides down my face as a tear falls down his. “Jayson you can’t fight forever and if you choose to go I will love you. That’s a promise.” I turn away as tears flow from my eyes.

“Mealody don’t cry… come here.” I turn and he holds his arms out to me as I slide into bed and hug him. He rubs my back and we stay that way for who knows how long…-