Living (My Victory)

I woke up in a dark room with a light hanging over me, blinding me and I laid my head on its side and see everyone sitting on a bench hands over mouths as they all seem scared.

“What?” I ask my voice hoarse and pained. I start choking and Jayson comes to me and lifts my head so I can breath.

“You need to calm down and take your time as you heal, you were badly injured you know…” I look at him confused then feel a burning on my arm and on my neck and I see a burning iron on my skin and I try to scream but can’t. Instead tears roll from my eyes and I keep the pain inside. “It will be all over soon…” Jayson says and I black out again.

Once my eyes open I scream and tears pour from my eyes. Everyone raises down to the room I lay in and rush to my side.

“What’s wrong.” I stay silent and close my eyes laying back down. I remember what happened, the burning, the looks of pain on Massie’s face, everything and now I could feel it coming back to me. Jayson says something and I hear footsteps disappear far from me and he pulls a chair by my side and kisses my cheek. I open my eyes and look into his for a vision…-

“She’s a fighter,” Jayson whispers as I rock a baby girl in my arms. I smile and he kisses my lips. “She will be stubborn like you and hopefully smart like me.” My mouth drops and he laughs.

“She will a mix of both of us and she will live. She could be a leader one day and I wouldn’t doubt it.” He smiles as I lower her into her crib and walk to the doorway. “She will save the world.” I say and shut the door walking to mine and Jayson’s room were we cuddle on the bed.

“She will do what’s right and learn from her mistakes. They both will,” he says placing a hand on my stomach. I look down and smile as I feel the baby kicks.

“Yes they both will, may not be together but they will save us all.” I kiss him and the vision goes blank.-

“Our family,” he whispers.

“Ours.” I whisper back and grab his hand and place it on my heart.

“I love you Mel and although what you did could have killed you, you did the right thing. For all of us.” I smile and sit up slowly. Jayson helps me.

“I knew what I had to do and I couldn’t just lay there…” He smiles and kisses me, I kiss back and the kiss lasts for a while, a long while.

I enter the room were everyone awaits and Massie is the first one to get up and join my side.

“Why didn’t you tell me about all this!?” I blush but don’t answer. Alex is behind her and grabs her hand.

“Glad you are ok Mel.” He smiles and I smile back before he pulls Massie back onto the couch and stays silent. Jesse and Jeremy get up and hug me as I hug them back.

“Glad to see you are still here,” they say in unison. I nod my head and look at Mark who gets up slowly and hugs me tightly, lifting me off my feet and spinning me. I laugh and hug him back.

“What you did was dangerous and stupid but you helped us all.” I smile and then Jayson hugs me from behind and I blush.

“I-I…” I started coughing and then shook my head as saying I will explain later.

“You did take a beating so relax on how fast you go.” I smile and then look at everyone. At us and who we are/became. We are a team and we will fight together and be there forever.

Weeks passed and I felt better and could speak. I already explained why I had done all this and they accepted my apology and it was just like any other day as I lay next to Jayson as our hands are twisted together and his lips are on my forehead.

“How long do you think before we have our family or save the whole word?” I ask meaning to reimage the visions we have had before.

“We already are saving the world just not as many people have noticed and we can start a family whenever you are ready for one.” I smile and lay my head on his chest looking up at the ceiling.

“Will I ever be ready?” I say with a laugh.

“I hope so,” was his answer and he kissed my lips as he rubbed my back. I smiled and my eyes closed as knocks fell upon the door and we parted from the kiss. Jayson gets up and sighs, mad as he opens the door and everyone pours into the room.

“What’s wrong?” I ask sitting up on the bed.

“One, I love you and two, they are here waiting on us to fight.” My eyes widen as Jayson pushes Jeremy and all Jeremy does is laugh.

“Ready if you are Mel.” Jayson says and holds out a hand. I look at it and then grin before grabbing it and running down the hall with everyone else to gear up. Massie is finally a part of our team and I can tell her everything she needs to know… unless Alex beats me to it.

We walk outside and our surrounded only this time I ain’t scared one bit and I am ready. This time I know I can fight and I know I can win. I already lived through my victory but if we ever get to the point of doing this in front of millions then I want to be ready. I want to get the practice before the news goes viral and we could be caught on tape and I could be getting hit and injured severely. All I had to do was dream of the future and I was already motivated enough to fight for my life.

I grab my sword and we are out the door as grunts escape the crowd of zombies as they all limp closer. I look at Massie and then to Jayson and back at the zombies. Then I charged forward, everyone behind me yelling and screaming as we run into the crowd and knock ‘em dead.