Chapter 1

"I just don't get it, Railey." Mrs. Hert exclaimed.

"You've always been my #1 student. What's up with this C?" I sighed at her.

"Mrs. Hert, it's my first C. Give me a break! I'll bring it back up, I promise."

"Railey, you act like you don't even care about this! Use to, you would freak out if you ever got a B let alone a C!" There was a slight pause.

"There's someone distracting you, isn't there? Maybe a friend or a boyfriend?" She questionably rose her eyebrows. I suddenly felt extremely annoyed. I grabbed my bag and stood up.

"With all due respect, I don't think that's any of your business." I swung my bag over my shoulder and headed for the door.

"And, yes, there is someone. Jacob Perez." I slammed the door behind me and headed for my car. I walked in my house to see my three year old sister running around like a chicken with its head cut off. She bumped into me, making me drop my stuff. I groaned angrily and bent down to pick it up.

"Mom?! Has Jaslyn had her meds for today?" I yelled. My mother came walking down the stairs.

"Railey, she can't it that she has ADHD. Yes, she took her meds." I sighed.

"Whatever." I started stomping up the stairs until my mother stopped me.

"What's with the attitude, Ray?" I turned around with the 'look' on my face.

"Bad day." I said, and continued up the stairs. I went to my room and changed clothes then got a snack from my fridge. I plopped into my bed and started watching whatever was on the TV. I heard my phone beep, meaning I had a text. I opened and saw it was from Jacob.

"hey. we should go out 4 dinner 2nite w/ Nique and RayRay. call me l8r. love you. ;]" I smiled. I jumped off my bed and walked out of my room. I walked downstairs to get the phone, but saw my mother was already on it. I started walking back up the stairs but saw the other phone laying on one of the steps. I smiled slyly to myself. A little snooping never hurt anyone. I picked up the phone and listened to my mothers conversation.

"She has a what?! That's impossible! She's always had straight A's!" Uh-oh. It's about me.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Jenkins. I talked to her today, but she seemed to not care at all. I think there's someone taking her down a different path. Maybe her boyfriend..."

"I will definitely have a talk with her. Thank you, Mrs. Hert."

"No problem." I hung up the phone. Oh, how I hate that teacher. Does she think she can just nudge her way into my private life, or something?

"Railey Ann Jenkins. Downstairs, NOW." I saw that coming.

"What?" I said, arriving in the kitchen.

"I just got off the phone with your teacher. She told me you have a C?!"

"Look, mom, I'm going to-"

"Oh, I'll tell you what you're going to do. You're to study 10x harder and you better not make anything below an 80 on your schoolpapers. Got it?"

"Okay!" I turned around and started walking back up the stairs.

"Oh, and you're not to see Jacob anymore." ~

Ah, the beginning of a new story. Give me feedback. :]