{Chapter 5}

A Soft Song
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•{Keys}•
(Y/N)-Your Name
(F/C)-Favorite Color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Second P.O.V.-

You shrugged and went to the northern room, there was a piano, some notes of some kind on the wall, and some more writing on the wall as well.

"A haunting dong echoes down the corridor... Won't you play along? Only the first 8 are fine."

'So I just have to play a song?'

You went back down and continued the corridor and read the writing on the walls while you did so.

"This power has no counter. Indeed, a human cannot take a monster's SOUL. When a monster dies, it's SOUL disappears. And an incredible power would be needed to take the SOUL of a living monster."

"There is only one exception. The SOUL of a special species of monster called a 'Boss Monster.' A Boss Monster's SOUL is strong enough to persist after death... If only for a few moments. A human could absorb this SOUL, but this has never happened. And now it never will."

You sighed, you felt terrible that these monsters were forced down here due to the fear that humans have. As you continued, you came to corridor that had a statue that had some stones underneath it, and rain was hitting it.

"Hmm, poor thing..." You commented.

You noticed a trash can full of umbrellas and quickly ran ahead. Meanwhile Flowey was behind the statue, and heard your comment and scoffed quietly.

'Stupid human. It's an inanimate object. Oh well, I should go back to her before she gets any further.' The flower rolled his eyes.

Before he could go back into the ground, he heard footsteps running back. Suddenly the rain that was on him was gone, and some music started playing. Once he realized what had happened, Flowey peeked out from behind the statue and saw you smiling at it with your eyes closed in content. You liked the calming music and hummed along to the tune as you opened your eyes, you say some notes on the ceiling and smiled even more.

"Why?" Flowey suddenly asked out of nowhere.

-Reader's P.O.V.-

"Why?" I heard Flowey ask all of a sudden.

I looked down to the statue and saw the golden flower peeking out from behind the statue and I went to him and kneeled down.

"Heya Flowey, you alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah but, why did you put the umbrella on the statue?" He questioned.

I simply shrugged and stood back up and backed away.

"I just felt it deserved it. I'm gonna play those notes I saw on that piano I found a little bit ago. You can follow me if you'd like, or wait here." I told him as I walked back to where I saw the piano.

I couldn't tell if he was following me or not, so I just went to the piano and played the notes I saw before. It was a nice melody, almost like a lullaby, after I was done a small passageway opened up. Going inside the room had a single pedestal and it had a small (F/C) ribbon on it.