sixty-one. into the future

"my girlfriend, lilac, was the most beautiful, amazing, funny, and talented girl i know and i know that one day you'll be just like her!!" -jeaden martell

10 years later!!

jaedens pov

it's been ten years since lilac has passed, and i still haven't moved on. i am still acting some projects but i haven't done as many i did back then. i also moved into lilac old house... just so i didn't forget her, and i could have a piece of her with me everyday.

the losers and i still are close, but not as close as we used to be, most of them are married and moved away.

westyn and finn finally gave dating a shot and now they're married and they moved to europe. i think harry got married too and moved with his husband to australia, but i haven't heard from him in awhile.

and me? well i found someone to love as much as i loved lilac.... and she makes me the happiest person i am.

i'm adopting a little girl, she's around six years old. i asked her if she wanted to change her name... and she said yes. i've fostered her for awhile so she got used to me and now i'm adopting her, i'm actually on my way to the court to get it official right now.

"jaeden wesley martell, you are now the parent of your daughter lilac martell," the jury (a/n: is it the jury who announces it idk) exclaimed and hit the board with his mallet, and i jumped up and lilac ran to me.

i held her as i walked to the car, i put her in her car seat and went on the drivers side. i got in, started the car, and was on my way to the house. "ja- i mean daddy?" i heard lilac say from behind me, "yes lilac?" i asked looking at her in my rear view mirror. "why did you ask me if i was okay with my name being changed to lilac?" she asked messing with her fingers, "well pumpkin, my girlfriend, lilac, was the most beautiful, amazing, funny, and talented girl i know and i know one day you'll be just like her!!" i smiled at her and she smiled right back.

it was quiet for a minute and she finally asked, "will i be able to meet her?" "well you see lils..." i paused at the nickname, "lilac passed away about 10 years ago," i told her, "oh," she frowned and looked outside.

we pulled up in the driveway into the garage, and i got out and let her out too. "if you want we can visit her tomorrow," i asked looking down at her, "yes!" she jumped up and down and we walked inside.

she ran upstairs and into her room, which was lilac aunts old room, i took lilacs old room. we actually changed the house a little bit. the guest bedroom upstairs is now a playroom for lilac, and we have one guest bedroom downstairs but the other one is an office for me. but the other rooms are the same, like the movie and game room.

my mom still lives in la, but she comes to visit every holiday, along with the losers.

my life is pretty great.... expect i do find myself missing lilac a lot, but now with my daughter lilac, maybe she can fill that space that is missing in my heart.

i know it'll be hard with me filming but who says she can't stay with me? young lilac will do everything with me i would've done with lilac, lilac and i'm so excited.

kk speaks!
i know saying lilac (the real one) and the lilac (daughter) is gonna be hard for me in the next chapter but it's fine

published: 8.31.2020
edited:
word count: 640