i have a bad feeling about this

"Oh?" Niall shuffles uncomfortably on his feet. "Can I help you with something?"

"Can I come inside?"

"Erm.. okay." He steps aside letting the one person he never thought he'd see again into his home.

"Are you alone?" Louis asks but when he sees Niall's panicked expression he quickly adds. "For some reason I thought Zayn would be staying here with you."

"Oh, no... he's uh... he's staying with Liam." Niall chews on his lower lip.

"Of course he is." He didn't mean to sound so bitter but he hated that Zayn thought it was best to stay with Liam of all people.

"I offered him to stay here, but Zayn didn't want to be a bother I guess." He motions for him to sit down. "Do you want something to drink?"

"No, I'm fine thanks." Louis takes a deep breath and let's it out slowly. "I'm sorry about everything, I'm sorry I fired you and I'm so sorry for hitting you." He wets his lips before he continues. "I'm a shit person, I know. Thing is, Harry is not and I never thought he'd ever cheat so when I saw him kissing you I bloody lost it. I'm usually the one who's fucked up and Harry is the one who has everything figured out. He's the perfect one from the two of us. It was all so shocking." He pauses to calm his nerves. "Astrid is like a sister to me, didn't want her to ever get hurt, which is something I can't really control, I know that now. I should've never taken the anger out on you. I'm really sorry, Niall."

"I understand why you did it, I don't blame you." Niall could see it in his eyes how sorry he was, he saw the guilt.

Louis glances down at Niall's stomach, the small bump starting to show. "Zayn told me you're expecting, god, when he told me I felt so sick to my stomach. I don't know what I would've done if something happened to your baby." He keeps his eyes on the baby bump.

"You didn't know, Louis." Niall wasn't sure what to say besides, he understood why he did it. He was only looking out for his cousin.

"Wished I did, seems like I'm not someone who Harry can trust anymore. I don't blame him though, I've been a prick." He sighs. "Listen, I didn't come here just to apologize but to also offer you something."

"What?" He furrows his brows.

"Before I tell you, I want you to know that I'm not doing this to get your forgiveness. This is about me owning up to my shit and making things right." He finally looks up at Niall's face. "I am gifting you the house we flipped, you're having my best friend's baby and I want the best for that baby and no offense but this isn't it." He motions to the flat.

"I... uh..." Niall blushes, he didn't take offense to it, he had thought about moving somewhere safer but with the little money he has he doesn't have many options. "That's very generous of you but I can't accept that, you all worked really hard and—"

"I won't take no for an answer, Niall. I want to give you that house." Louis should've known Niall wasn't going to say yes so easily. "It's paid off."

"You're going to lose money. You invested in that property so you could resale it for more and it'll all go to waste, I'm sorry but I can't accept it." He appreciates the kind gesture but he wasn't going accept it, it wouldn't be fair to anyone who worked hard on that house.

"We've bought another property, a much larger one for a cheaper price. It's worth a lot more, maybe even twice as much as what we paid for. It'll definitely cover all the loss of this one. You don't have to worry about any of that." He flickers his gaze on the baby bump once again, he couldn't help but notice how cute the young brunette looks with it. "And I've paid everyone who helped out so no one will be cut off."