Chapter 7- You're Losing Me

The next day my father made a huge breakfast, and he commented when I did not eat much. Since Abigail started coming my appetite has vanished, and it takes less to make me full. But since I have arrived in Florida I have not seen her, and I feel more calm and safe. Maybe my parents were right about Florida being good for me.

That day my mom and I went shopping, even though I never buy anything. We had a pretty good time, we actually laughed a lot too. My worries about Abigail were vanishing, and I slept all night long.

The next morning I did not get up until ten-thirty, and I enjoyed it more than I could describe. Before I went into the kitchen I quietly opened my suitcase and pulled my journal out of the bottom. It was open to the first page, when I swore I had it closed when I packed it just a few days ago. A wave of fear rushed over me. My parents have seen it. After trying to calm myself I flipped through the pages, stopping at the page explaining the night where I had my first injury. The fingerprint of blood on the corner of the page was gone. That cannot be true. Where was it? I flipped through the pages frantically, looking for the blood. All of the pages were spot free. I knew I put it there. So where did it go?

When I got up both my parents were dressed already and they looked unusually serious. How long have they known about my journal...? While eating breakfast they finally broke the small talk. "We want to take you somewhere, so get ready and we will leave in an hour." said my mom giving me a weak smile.

"Where are we going...?"

"It is a surprise, so get ready." She kind of sounded snappy, so I quickly went into my bedroom and got ready.

********************

When I was showered and dressed I came out into the kitchen where my parents were waiting on me. They still looked serious.

"I'm ready." I announced.

"Okay, come on." my mother said solemnly as she led me to the door.

We got into their spotless car and the silence remained. After about ten minutes I attempted to break it. "So...where are we going?"

My mother sat still in the passenger seat. "You will see." she looked way too serious, and almost a bit sad. She kept looking straight, not even glancing at my father who was driving and consumed in his own thoughts.

The curiosity was taking over. I kept trying to think of places they would take me in this situation, but I could not find an answer that satisfied me. We drove to a bigger city I was unfamiliar with. My parents never once looked back at me from the front of the car.