Chapter 3- Confession

Almost every night was like this. There was always an unnatural event that happened, and it ended with me leaving with no sleep. Once a picture fell and completely shattered. I took everything off of my walls. Doors would slightly open and shut. I locked every single one of them with three different types of locks. Lights would flicker on and off. I slept with the lights on.

Once I was sitting at my desk at work when my coworker came up from behind me and said something. I jumped so high I thought I was going to touch the ceiling.

"Well I'm sorry I scared you..." He said timidly.

"It's fine. I'm-I'm fine really." My words were so quick even I had trouble figuring out what I said. "I'm just a little jumpy today...that's all."

After thinking constantly at work I decided I needed to tell someone. When I got home I picked up my cell phone and went to my contacts and pressed send when I found the right person. My best friend Jess had to believe me. She was still back in the Florida area where we grew up, and already had a husband and little girl. I had not talked to her in weeks, but I knew we were still close enough to tell each other everything.

After a few rings she picked up. As soon as she heard me she asked me what was wrong and if I was okay. Jess knew me so well.

I took one last breath of being thought of as normal and then started explaining. "Okay so...please don't judge but there is this...girl. And...I see her all the time. I know I sound crazy but I swear she is everywhere. She has tried to communicate with me by leaving words and things...and I don't know what to do or who to tell but it is freaking me out and I have not slept well in weeks. Please, please, please do not think I am crazy...I just, I need...I need help."

I was not sure if she was still on the phone. After a few seconds of silence I heard her breathing. I let out a sigh of relief, telling someone actually made me feel better. Uhh...Jess? You still there?"

"Yeah...hey I got to go so...talk to you later I guess."

Before I could say goodbye I heard the line go dead. I was alone once again.