Chapter 5- Traitor

Chapter 5- Traitor

I woke up the next morning with bruises and a slight headache. I was so weak and tired that I just stayed in bed and took off work. It was as if she sucked the life out of me.

At about eleven I was watching T.V when my phone rang. I looked at the screen and it said I had an incoming call from my mother.

"Hello?" I answered. I tried to sound "peppy" but even I knew I had a failed attempt.

"Hi sweetie, how are you doing? Are you doing okay?"

"Um, yeah I'm fine Mom, how are you?" You are such a liar, you are not okay. I could not lose my parents like I lost Jess.

"Are you sure your okay?" No.

"Yes I am fine, don't worry everything's great." I'm not great. Something is haunting me. Liar.

A few moments of silence passed until she spoke again. "Me and your father were thinking the other day that we haven't seen you in awhile. Why don't you come down to Florida and spend a week? You know, get away from work for awhile."

"Oh, sure I can do that. It sounds like a good idea. But why do you want me to come down all of a sudden? I saw you not that long ago." After considering Florida for a second it actually sounded nice, maybe it will get rid of her.

"Oh, no reason. I actually got a call from Jess the other day..." My heart stopped. They want to see me because Jess told them I was crazy, and they want to know if it is true.

"Oh...you did..." I was trying to play it off the best that I could. "I haven't talked to her lately, you know because work has been crazy and what not."

"Oh, I see. She seemed concerned about you..."

"That is just because I have been tired from work, it's no big deal. Hey I have to go, so see you next week." I hung up before she could answer. Jess has messed things up.