Chapter 6- Florida

Chapter 6- Florida

Throughout the next week my mom called me frequently, always asking how I was. It actually got so frequent that I started not answering sometimes, and that worried her even more. But eventually the day I left for Florida came, and I got on the plane hoping for a fresh start.

When I got to my parents' house, they welcomed me, but not the same as they usually do. When I walked into the door my dad looked away suddenly, and my mom gave me a half frown/half sad look. They hugged me like usual, but it seemed like they hugged me tighter this time. I wondered if they noticed the foundation caked under my eyes that was hiding the dark circles that still showed through.

I was once again hounded with questions, like "how are you?" and "are you doing alright?" I answered the same way every time, short answers and reassurance that I am okay.

After I got all of my stuff inside, my parents and I sat in their living room and just talked. They never brought up Jess, but I could tell they were thinking about it. They mostly talked about their recent cruise they took a few weeks ago; they even showed me a whole album of pictures. I nodded and said a few things, but mostly stayed silent.

We went out to supper that night, and it was fun. I said I was very tired when we got home so they left me in the guest bedroom by myself. My biggest fear was that she would come and my parents would hear me screaming, revealing what was really wrong with me.

I had been thinking a lot lately about her, and I wanted to know why she was doing what she was. Was she hurt? Is that the reason she is hurting me? The dreams she was making me have were not random, I think they happened to her. That is when I went to the internet.

I searched all night. I searched everything from child abuse cases in my town, to happenings in my apartment. One case caught my eye. Abigail Marie Williams was murdered by her father on November 27th, 1931 in her home (which was where my apartment was built). Cause of death was being strangled by bare hands. The autopsy showed other injuries and signs of struggle.

I could not believe what I had found. She is Abigail, and she is showing me her story. I did not get one minute of sleep, but I was relieved I now understood. It made me less fearful of her.