Chapter 4- Consequence

After talking to Jess my nerves had eased some but I was worried that she would never talk to me again. I replayed what I had told her over and over again in my mind. Did I really sound that crazy? A couple of hours after I had called her I left three voicemails and texted her five times. She never replied. I guess she thinks I'm crazy after all.

After giving up all hope of Jess texting me back, I turned my phone off in disappointment and crawled into bed. I was determined to make it through just one night without leaving. If I do not pay attention to what is happening maybe it will leave me alone. As soon as I clicked my lamp off my body tensed.

My eyes darted around the room, looking for movement. I found what I was looking for. She emerged from the corner of the room and walked slowly towards me. She looked completely real, yet I knew deep down she was just a figment of my imagination. I have had enough. I sat up clutching my sheets and I started to sob uncontrollably. I lost it. "What do you want from me?! What do you want?! Please..." I was screaming as loud as I could through the sobs. "Please just leave! Please!" I then sunk down to a more slouched position and watched her.

She looked me straight in the eye. The most unbearable pain I have ever felt rushed to my head. It felt like headache, the pressure building...and building, until all I could do was curl up in a ball and scream. I grasped my head, trying to make the pain go away. "Stop! Please!" I kept repeating. I finally stopped fighting it and closed my eyes. I felt numb, yet full of pain. My breathing was uneven and I was shaking violently.

I looked up at her and she was giving me a deadly stare. She finally looked away and the pain vanished. I exhaled deeply as I still felt the memory of the pain. My body wanted to collapse from the sudden exhaustion. She looked at me once again and held her finger up to her lips. She pursed her lips and made the "Shhhh" sign. She did not want me to tell anyone about her. She then vanished.