22 | New Home | 22

I have a feeling everything makes a lot more sense now after last chapter.
Enjoy. Love ya <3   ~ Owl

~~~

-??? POV [same person as Chapter 16]-

The first thing I see is him. Not my sunshine, but rather who's with him. Another person who looks to be grey by this weird world, but I'd recognise him anywhere.

A boy I recognise walks beside my sunshine, unaware that I'm here. Some part of me thinks he already knows, but I'm not entirely sure. I have no idea how much information he has, or what he knows. Or how much my sunshine knows. Maybe he's caught on, and I'm not hiding it as well as I thought I was.

His own mind is playing tricks on him. The world was against him from the start, and the same issue he's dealt with his entire life has only brought more problems. Problems I tried to avoid. I tried, I swear I did. But he didn't understand.

It's not that he didn't, he couldn't. I didn't know then, but I know now. You'd think I'd hate him after what he's done. But I can't hate him. He doesn't understand that, but I do.

There's a reason I've always stuck by his side. There's a reason I won't leave him. There's a reason I tried to stop him. If he knew, he'd hate me. But that's not my main concern. He'd hate himself, and that's what's worse. He can get rid of me, never see me ever again, but he can't get rid of himself. He'd hate himself. Forever.

I can't hate you, sunshine.

You don't get it yet. Maybe you never will in your world.

But in mine, you'd understand.

And one day, you'll be here with me.

This wasn't how it was supposedly go. We were supposed to have a better ending. I'm sorry that the world was cruel to you.

I thought it was your fault.

Turns out I was wrong.

One day, you'll understand.

You could understand now, I could explain it to you. It'd be simple really, you'd get it.

You're smart.

It's the consequences of telling you. I'm convinced I'd lose you. You'd hate me, and you'd hate yourself even more. That's not fair.

It isn't your fault.

Wasn't your fault.

Wasn't your fault then, and it isn't now. It never was.

You'd think I'd blame you.

But I don't.

I never will.

Because I love you, sunshine.

And one day, you'll hear those words from me.

One day, we'll be together.

One day, you'll understand.

~~~

-George's POV-

Clay doesn't appear for a while after Nick leaves, allowing me to spend some time pondering my own thoughts. Everything he's said, the rush of information that seems to get dumped on me every time Nick steps in.

It's like the information is an actual pile, full of large things and miniature pieces. Then Sapnap comes along, throws some more on to the pile, and leaves it there until he decides to throw on some more.