5 | A Red Peony | 5

-George's POV-

If you're a hallucination, why did I make you so annoying?

And pretty, god why are you so pretty?

I can't even see your whole face and you're pretty-

"Earth to George?" Dream stands beside me, pushing our belongings against the entrance to the alcove. He seems to have found some spare branches, which work pretty well as a barricade.

"What?! Wait- yes I'm here!" I snap out of my thoughts and turn my attention back to him. Always him, has been since I wake up. That's what he gets for being cute.

I'm being so ridiculous...

"That ought to do it... right?" Dream looks to me for approval, like some child wanting praise for their work. "Think so. It blends in pretty well at least, even if it's not that thick."

Only when we both sit down do we realise how small it really is. Maybe a metre wide each way, giving us a roughly shaped box. It's like being stuck in a wardrobe.

The worst part is we're almost on top of each other, our bags take up a large portion of the alcove, as well as our barricade. Laying down definitely isn't an option. Good thing neither of us are claustrophobic.

I curl up into a ball, scooting as close to the alcove wall as physically possible. When I'm pressed up against the wall, I lay down. My vision is blurring badly, a little unsettlingly.

Dream does the same, having to curl his knees into his chest because he's so tall. For once, I'm glad to be short.

He looks worried. Anxious, as he nervously presses himself up against the opposite side. "Are you claustrophobic?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head, holding his mask tightly.

Oh.

"You're worried I'm going to take off your mask while you're asleep, aren't you?" He nods shyly, afraid to admit it. "Trust issues. I get it. Well, let's have an agreement..."

"What are you on about?" he asks, giving me a weird look. I extend my hand towards him awkwardly. "I'll promise you I won't move your mask, as long as you promise not to murder me in my sleep."

Dream snorts, extending his hand to take mine. I pull back at the last second, adjusting my deal. "Oh and don't come anywhere near me. Alright?"

The blonde rolls his eyes. "As if I'd want to" he smirks, awkwardly shaking my hand.

We sit in comfortable silence for barley half an hour before Dream starts huffing. "This is useless. I don't sleep at this time normally, and I can't well."

I stretch, pushing myself up into a seated position. "You should learn to adapt better" I yawn, stretching my legs as far as I can in this small space.

"It's not that easy to change your sleep schedule idiot" he retorts, searching through his bag for something. Dream pulls out a bunch of flowers, varying in size and probably colour.

"What are those for?" I ask, suddenly realising what he must've been doing earlier while we walked. He sorts the flowers out, maybe in a certain order, maybe not. I can't tell if he does.

"Well you need to learn colours. Nobody has ever taught you them, so I'm going to do it!" He smiles sweetly, pausing as he looks at a flower identical to a separate one laying before us. A peony, a dark shade of yellow to me, but probably different to him.

"Whoops. I got one too many." His eyes trail from the flower to me, then back again. Petals fall to the floor as he messes with the flower nervously, destroying it slowly.