13 | Stay With Me | 13

It's just occurred to me some of you probably don't understand what George sees. So here:

George has Protanopia, so that's how he sees things versus how we do

You may need that knowledge later...
Enjoy. Love ya <3 ~ Owl

~~~

-George's POV-

"Wait what do you mean only I can see him?!"

I run off after Nick, grabbing his arm and dragging him back into the park. "You know something I don't. What aren't you telling me?"

Surprisingly he lets me, and I drag him to a bench on the far side so it's harder for us to be spotted. I sit down on the bench, and he squints at the spot beside me nervously. "Is... Dream sat there?" he asks, pointing towards the spare next to me on the bench.

He waves his hand in front of him, like he can feel something there. "No" I scoff. "What are you talking about anyway? There's nothing there!"

He smiles, sitting next to me. "Are you seriously that confused?" he snorts. The black-haired boy pulls out his blade, cleaning dried blood from it absentmindedly.

It must be nice to be him, to not have to care about getting attacked all the time. People aren't stupid enough to attack an elite assassin. Which probably means I'm safe for now.

I miss the safety I felt around Dream. Thinking back on it, he did have a good reason to argue back. For some stupid reason I got angry over him trying to protect me. He offered to kill Techno for me. Impossible, but why would he say that?!

"George I can see you thinking through your stupidity" he smirks. "What's on your mind?"

I scoot further away, putting as much distance between us as I can. "What makes me think I'll tell you? You're literally one of the people trying to hurt me!"

Nick lifts a finger in protest. "Correction. I'm not trying to hurt you, Techno is." He finishes cleaning his sword, placing it back in his scabbard at his waist.

"But if you ask me, your worst enemy is yourself. You think everyone is trying to hurt you."

"Better to be cautious than naïve!" I retort, wondering where the hell he's going with this conversation. I ask as much, and his reply is simple.

"You're pushing away the wrong person, George."

Wind whistles through the park, chilling as the sun fades to nightfall. Shadows creep over the surrounding alleyway, making them even more dangerous. People could be hiding in them.

Run. It's a trap, he's trying to get you killed-

My head is screaming for me to leave, but I remain rooted to the spot. "How would you know?" I mutter.