20- Arms

Becas POV
     "Okay... you got this. He likes you, you shouldn't be worried." I say to myself on the steps of the Beale household.
     I timidly knock on the door and was met with the older version of Chloe. Her mother. She gave me a bright smile before pulling me into a hug.
     "Beca sweetheart how are you? Is Chloe with you?" Cindy happily asked.
     "I've been good... and uh Chloe isn't with me." I say awkwardly.
     "Remember what I said the first time we met. Don't be awkward it gives me more teasing material." She said with a wink. "Ah what brings you here without Chloe?"
     "Right... is Charlie here?" I asked feeling slightly more comfortable. "I need to ask you both something."
     "Yes He is. You can sit on the couch while I go grab him." She said heading upstairs.
      I went into the living room and started pacing. Why am I so nervous. I can do this. They both like me.
     "What can we do you for?" Charlie happily asked giving me a short hug.
     "Um well you see... I've been dating Chloe for about seven years and..." I was stumbling over my words... great.
     "Come on just spit it out!" Charlie said happily.
     "I have come her to ask for your blessing." I say preparing for them to say no.
     "Blessing for what?" Cindy asked with a smirk.
     "Your blessing to propose to your daughter." I say after taking a deep breath.
     "Fine by me." Charlie said. "You got my blessing as soon as you have that speech about marrying her your junior year."
     "I'm fine with it as well. Not many people ask these days." Cindy said happily.
     "Thank you!" I say giving them both a hug. "I need to get back to Chloe before she gets curious. I said I was going to the bathroom."
—————————————————–
     "How's everyone doing tonight!" I yelled into the microphone.
     Many people cheered giving me a positive response. I've been touring for a few years now. I started when I was 17 and now I'm 24. The first four were definitely the hardest. I didn't get much sleep but once Chloe was able to come every went fine. Today's show is being held in Atlanta. All of my old high school friends are here. Even Aubrey. We still pretty much hate each other but we get along better. I'm planning something big this show.
     "I'm going to sing the top song from my latest album if that's alright." I say with a bright smile as the music started playing.
     I sang I kissed a girl with people jumping up and down to the beat. I sang several other songs that have been some of There favorites. Then I got a subtle nod from Stacie telling me it was time.
     "Alright I'm kinda feeling nostalgic today. I mean this is where I grew up and went to school." I say smiling. "So I'm honer if this I'm going to take it back.
     The opening notes to Arms started to play. Chloe's face instantly lit up recognizing the song.
I never thought that You would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around
And you knocked me off the ground from the start
You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home
     The Bellas all lead Chloe on stage earning a confused expression. Emily grabbed a stool and set it in the middle of the stage so Chloe could sit down.
How many times will let you me change my mind and turn around
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown
I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
The world is coming down on me
And I can't find a reason to be loved
I never wanna leave you
But I can't make you bleed if I'm alone
You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
     Me and the Bellas all started doing a dance that Stacie helped me make. It was honestly really goofy but hey Chloe will like it... right?
I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved 'till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
     We finished the song and dance earning a loud applause from the crowd. The Bellas all made there way off stage except for Chloe.
     "Are you confused?" I playfully ask Chloe earning a nod. "Good. That's what I was going for."
     "What are you doing?" Chloe asked as she giggled.
     "Well uh in high school I have this speech to your dad about how one day I was going to marry you." I say starting off awkwardly.
     "Yeah I know. What does that have to do with anything?" Chloe said casually.
     "Wait you knew?" I asked with wide eyes. "You know what never mind we'll talk about that later. The point is, I me t every word I said. I also promised myself I would follow all of them. I've done most of them. I've made sure that I try to give you the world, I've gotten your parents blessing but, do you know what I haven't done yet?" I asked seeing Chloe shake her head as I slowly got down on one knee. "I haven't proposed yet. And seeing as were in Atlanta where it all began I thought I should do that now. So Chloe, will you marry me?"
     "Yes, yes, a million times yes!" Chloe said hugging me. "You could ask me twenty times and I'd say yes!"
     "Thank god. That would've went really awkward if you said no." I say laughing as I slipped the ring on her finger.
     "If I was going to say no I would've broken up with you about oh I don't know... six years ago." Chloe said smirking.
     "Okay that's a fair point." I say smirking back before turning to the crowd. "She said yes!"
     The crowd cheered louder than they have the whole night. Everything is falling into place. I have the girl of my dreams who I'll be able to start a family with. And I have an amazing job and a bunch of amazing friends. Thank god for high school.

THE END... or is it?