Re: YandereDev Situation

Yeah, it's been a while since I've uploaded regarding the man himself, but I would feel irresponsible if I didn't say something considering I did have some what of in impact on the early community. 
I always loved Yandere Sim and I think that part of me will always exist, but we can't turn a blind eye on the action Alex (YanDev) have taken. He has suicide-baited, he has made some rather pedophilic sounding supporting statements and over all has a dog-shit attitude. Which is unfortunate, I really loved the guy- He was one of my inspirations for making my own game and I'll never forget that. However, love does not equal getting a pass on horrible behavior. The YanDev fic has been taken down. I apologize if you did enjoy that (don't see why you would) but I can't keep it up in good conscience.

HOWEVER, the fics with Yandere Sim characters will stay up. They are old, and do not reflect my writing abilities today, but I know how comforting fanfics can be to some people. I ask that while you read them, rather than thinking strictly in cannon, make it something Alex was too incompetent to. Make it your own.

I'll never excuse YanDev's actions but I think It's important to separate the art from the artist- turn it into something positive where we can all change it into something much bigger, and much better, than Alex ever could have. This being said, please give to your support to smaller projects who are trying encapsleatie what the YanSim community dreamed of in the beginning. To the devs' of these projects, I admire and thank you- Yandere Sim was such a beautiful dream to me in middle school, and writing bad fanfics for it was one of my biggest coping methods. Thank you for turning this into something I can find myself loving again. To my readers, whatever is left of you, I encourage you to turn Yandere Sim into something you can look back on and smile at- even if that smile is followed by laughter or a mild cringe.

W/ luv,
Matt