Harry nods instantly at that, glancing across the table at his Dad for confirmation, who nods.

"Course. I can drop Liam off before work this once," he says, and Harry lets out a relieved breath, anxiety still clutching at his chest but not to the point where he's struggling to breathe.

Less than fifteen minutes later, and Papa is pulling up on the curb outside of Niall's house, Harry refraining from rolling his eyes when he has to wait for the click of the child lock being turned off before he can open the door to clamber out of the back, heading up the path and stepping around the torn parasol that has been blown into the front garden and left there.

He pauses on the front doorstep, can just about make out the deep rumble of somebody yelling on the other side of the house, lifting his hand to knock after a few seconds of being unable to make out the words. He decides that maybe it's just something on the TV, because it's way too early for anybody to be arguing, he's sure. Of course, he and Liam bicker in the mornings but there's never any real shouting that goes on, regardless of what time of day it is.

He doesn't have to wait long before the door is yanked open almost frantically, and then he's looking at Niall, already dress in his uniform with flushed red cheeks and wide eyes, looking a mixture between exhausted and wired. Then his expression morphs into one of confusion as his gaze lands on Harry, flickering to Papa's car behind and then back.

"Haz? What — what're you doing here?" He asks, voice shaking slightly.

Harry frowns, peering behind his best friend down the hallway that he's somehow never stepped foot into. They've been friends for practically their whole lives, grown up by each other's sides, and yet he's never been into Niall's house. It hasn't ever really mattered much, Ni has always been able to stay at his. He takes in the peeling wallpaper and the scratched up floor, the mess of newspapers and letters that look like they might be important along with empty containers, plastic bottles, the usual recycling bin items, strewn into a pile in the far corner and tries not to grimace. It makes him kind of glad that they always hang out at his house, as much as he doesn't want to judge.

"Are you okay?" He asks, turning his attention back to the shorter twelve year old, who looks suspiciously watery-eyed.

Niall blinks then nods quickly, ducking his head and sniffing, glancing back up with a strained smile. "I'm — I'm fine. Just — I don't remember arranging to..."

Harry shakes his head then. "Oh, I was kinda freaking out about the presentation today so my Papa said he'd take us both out to breakfast and drop us off early so we can go over it a bit. If that's good with you?" He adds, heart beginning to pound a little in his chest again at the reminder of his anxiety.

Thankfully, Niall agrees to it quickly. "Yeah, okay. Let me just grab my school bag," he blurts out, disappearing down the hall again before Harry can say anything else, all but running back and then quietly closing the door behind him.

Harry eyes him with furrowed brows. "Shouldn't you tell your Mum or Paul that you're leaving early?" He questions, knowing that his parents would worry.

It surprises him when Niall scowls at the question. "No," he mutters, then lets out a breath when he looks up at Harry, wincing a little. "Sorry, m'just...tired. Again."

He wants to question it further, push a little because Niall seems to be tired a lot lately and they're best friends so of course he cares enough to see that there's more to it than that, but they're at the car already and he knows that Ni won't talk about it in front of Papa.