Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Nicole’s POV

I decided to go home after what happened. I can’t believe Alex was spying on Cameron and I. What a douche bag. I stepped out of the restaurant and went down the street a bit. I took out my phone and called a taxi. I hung up and hugged myself. It was freezing. Bad idea to wear a dress in winter.

“Alex is really sorry,” A voice behind said. Jack.

“I bet he is,” I said.

“He still loves you,” Another voice said. Rian.

“I bet he does.”

Jack sighed as I felt him stand beside me along with Rian.

“But most importantly we’re both really sorry,” Rian said. I looked at him as I read his eyes. Hope.

“Why did you do it?” I asked.

“It was Alex’s idea,” Jack said. I stared back at the road, waiting for my taxi.

“You should know by now that Alex’s idea’s always end up messed up.”

They both stayed silent.

“Why are were you on a date with Cameron?” Jack asked, changing the subject. I decided to let it slide as I answered him.

“I like him.”

“No you don’t. I can see by your eyes.”

I stared at Jack. “What?”

“Your eyes. They’re dull. Whenever you’re around Alex, your eyes always shine bright.”

I slapped Jack in the chest. “Shut up.”

“It’s true,” Rian said. “I’ve noticed it.”

“You both are talking shit. It’s not true.”

After standing there for about five minutes, my taxi was here.

“Where are you going?” Jack asked.

“Home,” I said.

--------

“How did your date go?” Reese asked when I stepped into the apartment.

“Not good,” I said, slipping my shoes off.

“Why? What happened?”

“Alex was spying on me.”

“Omg really?”

“Yep and that ruined my night.”

“Why was he spying on you?”

“He’s fucking jealous,” I said. “I’m going to go change.”

After changing into a tank top and shorts, I headed back downstairs and found Reese sitting on the couch eating popcorn watching a movie.

“What are you watching?” I asked sitting next to her, stealing some of her popcorn.

“The Last Song,” she said.

“I love this movie.”

“Me too,” Reese smiled. We sat in silence as we watched the movie.

“I wish I had a relationship like Will and Ronnie,” I said.

“We all do, they are like perfect.”

“I’m glad Miley and Liam are getting married.”

“I know! She’s going to get married to an Australian! Do you know how hot he is?!”

I laughed and rolled my eyes, fixing my gaze on the movie.

“People make mistakes Will, even the people that we love,” Ronnie said before running up to him and kissing him with all her might.

“I really wish I was Miley. So bad,” Reese said.

“I’m going to bed,” I announced.

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

I couldn’t sleep at all. I kept tossing and turning in my bed. I turned on my lamp a couple times and tried going to sleep. It just wasn’t working. After a few minutes, I heard something knock on my window. I ignored it probably a bird. But it still kept going on for ten minutes. I looked back at my window and faintly saw a pebble being thrown at my window. I got up from the bed and turned on the light. My eyes adjusting to the bright light as I went over to the window. I opened it up and looked down. There stood Alex smiling up on me. I noticed he was holding a guitar. Jack, Zack and Rian were behind him all holding their instruments.

“What the fuck?” I said. They didn’t say anything. They all held up their instruments and started to play.

“This vacation's useless, these white pills aren't kind. I’ve given a lot of thought on this 13-hour drive. I missed the grinding concrete where we sat past 8 or 9 and slowly finished laughing in the glow of our headlights,” Alex sang. I instantly recognized it as There Is by Box Car Racer. My favorite song of all time. As Alex moved on into the chorus, it started to rain, causing all their clothes to get wet and instruments.

“Do you care if I don't know what to say? Will you sleep tonight, will you think of me? Will I shake this off pretend it’s all okay? That there's someone out there who feels just like me, there is.”

“What’s going on?” I turned around to find Reese yawning. She walked over to the window, looking down.

“What the hell?”

“Those notes you wrote me, I’ve kept them all. I've given a lot of thought of how to write you back this fall with every single letter in every single word there will be a hidden message about a boy that loves a girl.” It started raining harder as they sang. I got a little worried and headed downstairs. Reese was following me as we both opened the door to our apartment and ran outside in the rain. Alex was still singing.

“Do you care if I don't know what to say? Will you sleep tonight, will you think of me? Will I shake this off pretend it's all okay? That there's someone out there who feels just like me, there is.” They finished singing the song and I could see on all their faces, their huge smiles. And looked at Reese and she had a smiled that mirrored theirs. Alex put down his guitar as he walked toward me. I didn’t move as he was approaching me. He stood in front of me as the rain was still pouring down. His hair was stuck to his forehead and his clothes were stuck on the rest of his body. Water was running down his face and he was speaking.

“Do you forgive me?”

Without answering I placed my lips on his. Alex was slightly taken back by my action but eventually started kissing me back. His cold lips moving with mine, as I wrapped my arms around his neck while he placed his hands on my waist. We both heard cheers coming from all directions. We both pulled away as he stared at each other.

“Yes,” I said which caused more cheers. I looked behind Alex and saw Rian, Zack and Jack all cheering along with Flyzik, Danny, Colussy, Cassadee, Vinny and more of ATL’s crew. Vinny was holding a video camera smiling.

“Were you videotaping?” I asked.

“Maybe.”

I smiled and looked at Alex and kissed him once more. We both pulled away and I let go of him, reaching for his hand.

“Come on, let’s all go inside before we catch a cold.”