Chapter 16

Chapter 16

1 year later

Nicole’s POV

“Nicole,” someone whispered. “Wake up.”

I slowly opened my eyes to reveal a blonde girl with a blue streak in her hair. Reese. Reese decided to drop out of college and help maintain me. We moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania into a tiny apartment. Also Reese deiced to dye a streak of her hair blue while I dyed my baby bangs purple. I still had my orange tint to it.

“Yes?” I spoke.

“Come on, get up. We’re going to Starbucks.”

I glanced at the clock on the bedside table. “At 8am?”

“Yes, now come on! I want my breakfast latte!”

“Okay, okay. I’m coming. But I’m taking a shower first.”

“Nope, we’re going straight there,” Reese said. I gave her a crazy look.

“Are you serious? You want me to go to Starbucks without showering?!”

Reese rolled her eyes. “You’ll be fine. Get dressed. We’re leaving in five minutes.” And with that she left the room. I sighed and picked out a tshirt and jeans. I put on little makeup and brushed my teeth. I slipped on my converse and met Reese in the living room.

“Ready?” she asked.

I nodded. I noticed she was wearing a Sleeping With Sirens tshirt and some skinny jeans along with heels. We exited the apartment and into Reese’s car. We drove off into the busy streets of Philly. Today was Friday so the traffic was super slow. To pass the time, Reese put on the radio. We found a radio station that plays pop punk music a while ago and we’ve been addicted to it. Misery Business by Paramore started playing.

“I’m in the business of misery, let’s take it from the top, she’s got a body like an hourglass, it’s ticking like a clock,” Hayley sang from the radio. Reese turned down the radio loud enough so we could still hear it.

“Do you know who this song reminds me of?” she asked.

“Who?” I asked.

“Lisa,” she chuckled. I haven’t heard that name in a year but it still manages me to feel sick. It’s been a year since Alex and I broke up. I haven’t thought about him in a few months which were nice. But that night I left the bus still haunts me. Anyway, Alex ended up dating Lisa again which I wasn’t surprised. After a while, he dumped Lisa and went with Tay Jardine from We Are The In Crowd and since then I haven’t been keeping track of who he was dating. I could care less of who he was dating actually. I’ve been in one relationship since Alex. His name was Trevor. He was a douche bag so I ended up dumping him. I turned up the radio and Misery Business was playing.

“Second chances they don’t ever matter people never change. One a whore, you’re nothing more. I’m sorry that’ll never change,” Hayley sang. I smiled. It did remind me of Lisa. 20 minutes later we ended up in the parking lot of Starbucks.

“Finally!” Reese cheered. “I’ve been waiting forever!”

I laughed and Reese and I headed into Starbucks. Reese and I went into line and looked at the menu.

“What are you getting?” I asked.

“Pumpkin spice latte. It’s almost Halloween after all.”  

I inspected the menu and finally decided what to get.

“Next please,” the cashier said. Reese and I walked up to the counter.