Chapter 4

Alex’s POV

“Get up! We’ll be at the venue in a few minutes!” Matt yelled, pushing my bunk curtains out of the way. I groaned and covered my body with my blanket indicating I didn’t want to get up.

“What time is it?” Jack asked.

“Courter to 12,” Matt replied.

“Come on Alex. Get up,” Matt pleaded me.

“No,” I said. Matt sighed before responding.

“You leave me no choice,” he said. “Zack!”

I heard Zack’s footsteps walking to my bunk. Suddenly I felt two arms under me lifting me up. I could feel their muscles tighten under me. I felt a soft cushion under me as I got laid down on the couch. I rest there peacefully until I felt a cold liquid being poured on me. My eyes shot up and I sat up on the couch. I came face to face with a grinning Jack, a smirking Zack and a glaring Matt. Suddenly the bus came to a stop. Matt was holding an empty glass of water. I'm guessing he poured that on me.

“Get up asshole. We’re at the venue,” Matt said. I rolled my eyes and went to my bunk. I ended up wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday. Dark skinny jeans, a black tshirt, a beanie and some converse. As I walked to the front lounge I found no one there. I guess they were inside the venue. I grabbed my phone off the mini coffee table we had before exiting the bus. It was noon so I decided to text Nicole to see how her day is going so far. She would be eating lunch right now.

Good morning! Or should I say good afternoon? –Alex

Hey! Good afternoon! What’s up? –Nicole

We arrived at the venue. What’s up with you? –Alex

Nicole took a long time responding to my question.

Just eating lunch with my fellow classmates! –Nicole

I softly chuckled before answering her back.

Why did you take so long to respond? –Alex

Reese was asking a science question. She missed almost all of class yesterday since she passed out. –Nicole

Before I could answer I bumped into someone, sending their stuff they were holding in their hands, on the street.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized. I bent down and picked up the woman’s stuff and handed it to her.

“Alex?” she asked. I looked down to the woman again. My eyes bugging out of my head.

“Lisa?” I asked.

“Hey,” she said, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. Lisa was my pervious girlfriend. We dated in high school while the guys and I were making up the band. We were the on and off couple. Our relationship was and still is difficult. Lisa embraced me into a hug. I hugged her back before pulling away.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Surprise! I wanted to come and surprise you at your concert tonight. I didn’t expect you to be here at the venue yet,” she said looking at me. Her brown hair was lighter than I last saw her. Her features were still the same.

“Why were you going to surprise me?”

“I know we’ve had a rough past but I was hoping we could start all over just by being friends?” Lisa suggested. I stared at her, all her words sinking into my head.

“Alex?” she asked, looking at her I could see her expression on her face turn to sadness.

“Yeah, I would love to start all over,” I said. A huge grin spread out across her face as she embraced me in a hug again. I hugged her back feeling her body around me. Suddenly we pulled away as my phone made a beeping noise saying I had a text.