Chapter 8

This is what happens when I'm bored at 2 am. 

Chapter 8

Nicole’s POV

Since the Veronica incident, I could never sleep anymore. I feel like someone’s watching me. I stayed up most nights scared that someone was out there. I don’t believe in ghosts but I could see shadows limply lurking around the room. I would get up from the bed and turn on the light. I would mostly watch tv to get my mind off things but that never worked. I need something else to distract me. Someone. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and dialed the number.

“Hello?” The tired voice asked. I looked at the clock. 3:23am.

“Jack?” I breathed.

“Nicole?”

“Hey,” I said.

“Why are you calling at three am?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“About?”

Suddenly I broke down. I told Jack everything that happened. Veronica and the shadows. By the time I was done, I calmed down and Jack was fully awake.

“You know I think you should’ve stayed with us,” he said.

“I know but I thought coming back to Baltimore was a good thing.”

“Don’t worry. That’s our next stop. We’ll be there in a few hours.”

“Okay,” I sniffed. I looked at the clock. 4:53am.

“Please don’t tell Alex I called.”

“I won’t.”

“Well I’m going to leave you to sleep. Bye Jack.”

“Bye Nicole.”

When I got off the phone with Jack, I got out of bed and stretched. God I was so tired. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Just then my stomach growled. I haven’t eaten in a few days since the incident. I think now is a great time to make breakfast. I don’t care if it’s five am, I’m still making breakfast. I headed downstairs and into the kitchen. I turned on the tv in the living room. The channel it was on was MTV.

“Here’s All Time Low’s music video for Weightless.”

I smiled to myself as I was cooking. Bacon and eggs. The only thing I could actually make for breakfast. Besides cereal of course. When I was done, I sat myself into the living room and watched the Weightless music video. I haven’t seen it in ages and it still cracks me up. Suddenly I hear moving coming from the kitchen. My eyes widened as I turned down the volume to the tv.

“Hello?” I called out.

No answer.

Then the sound moved to the front door. I jumped back a little. I put down the remote as I grabbed something near. A lamp. I took small footsteps toward the front door. I closed my eyes tightly hoping it wasn’t her. Please don’t let it be her. I stepped closer to the door. I griped the lamp around my fingers as I owned to door. I was about to smash the lamp into the person’s head until I found out who it was.

“Alex?!”

“Nicole! What are you doing with lamp?” He eyed the lamp in my hands. I laughed nervously as I set it down beside me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Show tonight. And I decided that I would visit you and see how you’re doing.”