Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Nicole’s POV

“Whoa. What happened to you?” Reese asked as soon as I walked into math class. I didn’t have enough time to do my hair so basically my hair was like a rat’s nest resting on the top of my head. I didn’t put on any makeup so my face was dry and pale. I was wearing my pajamas top and loose jeans which were Alex’s.

“Woke up a little late that’s all,” I replied sitting next to her.

“What did you and Alex do last night?”

I shrugged. “Nothing really, he left early because of tour.” I yawned.

“Okay class. Open up your books to page 69 and do problem 6-9,” My math teacher, Mr. Waters exclaimed. I got out my textbook and started doing the problems. By problem 7, I felt my eyes drooping and slowly closing.

“Nicole!” Someone exclaimed. I instantly shot my head up and looked up at my growling teacher. “Report to the office right now.”

“Uh, okay,” I quietly got up and exited the classroom. I was at the office in less than 3 minutes. I was behind the principal’s desk while he frowned at me.

“So Nicole,” The principal began. “I see you missed out more than ten days of college. Is that correct?”

“Uh, sure?” I said.

“Well sorry to break it to you but we’re kicking you out of college.”

I dropped my jaw. “What?! Kicking me out? Why?”

“Nicole, you missed more than ten days. If you miss more than ten days you can’t continue.”

“But—“

“Nicole, this is final. Pack your things and go.”

I stared at the principal and left the room.

~

“So you’re really leaving?” Reese asked.

“Yeah, the principal said I can’t miss more than ten days of college and I did,” I said.

“But, whose going to be my dorm buddy?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Reese sighed. “I’m going to miss you so much.” She wrapped her arms around me and embraced me in a tight hug. I hugged her back.

“I’m going to miss you so much too, Reese,” I said.

“You still have my number right?” she asked as she pulled away. I noticed the tears on her cheek.

“Of course.”

“Text me every day, okay?”

“Okay. Well I should get going now,” I said.

~

“So they kicked you out?” Alex asked. He and I were skyping. I told him everything that happened today in college.

I sighed. “Yeah, apparently I missed more than ten days and if you miss more than ten days you get kicked out.”

“That’s bullshit.”

“I know. Ugh, I don’t know what to do now!”

“You know you can join me back on tour,” Alex smiled.

“I don’t know Alex. I’ll be a distraction,” I said.

“You won’t be.”

“How do you know?”