Catherine had heard from Nixon, basically a mid-March action, at the earliest with training for 3 months, and she hadn't thought that it was a bad idea. The company needed rest and training, to forget about the mess of Market-Garden and Holland combined. So, there Catherine sat in Winters' office, in a chair next to Nixon, Harry handing out coffee.

" Easy still has only 65% strength, and most of those are replacements, including their new CO." Winters said, as Catherine looked towards him.

" How's Lieutenant Dike doing?" Nixon asked WInters, as Harry came over with the coffee, handing it out.

" Three weeks in Holland, the guys are already calling him Foxhole Norman." Harry said.

" Oh really," muttered Catherine, as she sipped the coffee, relishing the warmth that filled her bones.

" Well, they're talking about a mid-March action at the earliest, so, we train the guys for three months, we jump into Berlin, we end the war." Nixon said and Catherine glanced towards Winters for his reaction.

" The only thing holding together Easy Company is the NCOs, Tocca men and women and you Catherine." Winters said. Catherine smiled.

" What can I say?" she said, with a smile.

" Sir, there's a Sergeant Guarnere here to see you." a voice came from the doorway as Zelinski entered. Catherine's' eyes shot open wide as she watched Bill walk in with a limp, and a smirk on his face.

" Look what the train brought in." Harry said with a smirk as Bill saluted, seeing Catherine there.

" Hey, the daredevil." Nixon said.

" Wild Bill himself." Catherine said sipping her drink.

" Hiya, Captain." Bill said as he limped over.

" Welcome back, Bill." WInters said as the two shook hands, Winters smiling. One of the best NCOs had returned from his joyride.

" Jesus, it's true. I never thought I'd see you behind a desk, sir." Bill said, and Catherine snorted as Bill shook everyone's hand, but Catherine stood up and hugged the man, gratefully.

" Yeah, and someday he'll sit behind it." Nixon said.

" Won't that be a rare occurrence." Catherine commented and Winters shook his head with a smile.

" Well, I just went AWOL from the hospital to get back here, sir. I hope that's not gonna cause you a problem." Bill said.

" Would you care if it did?" Winters asked him and Catherine smirked, as she hid it behind sipping her coffee.

" Not a bit, sir." Bill answered, pulling out something from his pocket, " Got a letter for you here from Moose, uh, Lieutenant Heyliger, sir." Winters looked up from what he signed to look at Bill, glancing briefly at Harry.

" He's recovering but it's gonna be a long haul." Bill stated.

" Thanks, Bill." Winters said, glancing at Harry. Catherine had heard from Harry about that whole fiasco and Gene and Lizzie's blow up. She thought they had every right as medics though with their number one duty to be to save peoples' lives. Catherine glanced at Harry and watched as his bit back his lip worriedly, worry for his friend.

" So, I hear there's gonna be a football game, those chumps from the 5-0 Deuce, is that right? You're throwing yourself in there, Mack?" Bill said and Catherine found a smile return to her face.

" Yeah, yeah, I am." Catherine said with a smirk.

" Oh, yeah, Christmas Day." Harry said.