Chapter 16

Emily's pov:
I honestly don't think I have any friends that are girls anymore.

It's kind of depressing.

I'd just rather have Kian not worry about me. I mean the whole thing was because my anxiety level had run too high, I was too scared and right as I was gonna swallow the pills they all came to my door and helped me. After that I felt like shit for trying to do it. Also like really embarrassed, I could talk to Cory for weeks because he was the source of the problem. I had asked him to Sadie's and he said no. Another girl asked him, I was really hurt. He talked about her all the time. And I didn't commit for that, because he could still like me... But one day I asked him if he did and he said "hell no."

And I attempted, but it didn't work. I could never look at him the same way after. I really hated him. So much.

Kian's pov:
I didn't forgive her or believe her right away. It might have looked like it, but I was watching her all the time now. I really hoped she wasn't lying.

After all that, we went down to have dinner. Her parents made lasagna and we all ate in semi-silence. It made me feel awkward but right when I thought the silence would kill me Emily's mom, Charlotte, said "so what was everyone's favorite part of today? Andrew (Em's stepdad)??"

He swallowed and then said "it must be being able to meet Em's first boyfriend. The first guy she brought home, luckily there were no knives"he said, chuckling.

Emily laughed as well, must have been an inside joke.

"Me as well" Charlotte says.

"I liked getting to play video games with Kian. I finally reached the last level!!!"

"You go first" Em whispers to me.

"My favorite part must have been meeting you guys, finally. And I guess just spending the Holidays in Minnesota, Id love to see a white Christmas!" I say.

"Umm, I suppose the best part of today would have been the flight, since I slept" she says sarcastically, "okay, okay, just kidding. My favorite part of today was coming home to see my parents accept who I am. And that really means a ton to me."

I hold her hand under the table and watch her parents smile at her. She really is awesome. I could never have believed that she ever felt like ridding herself from the world.

After dinner we headed upstairs and Em got another bed ready for me. As she went to go change, I looked around her room. She had many harry potter pictures, books everywhere, and I realized a bit more of who she was.

"Kiki can I come up? Your dressed?"

I laughed. "Yeah come on up." As she comes up the stairs, I raise my eyebrows.

"What??"she asks.

"Oh nothing, I just realized that your a nerd." She looks around her room, then bites her lip.

"Ummm, no I'm not..."

"Oh I know you are Em. If you weren't a nerd then why do you have like 12 bookshelves, and pictures of harry potter and Dobby."

"But-"

I cut her off. "It's okay, I love harry potter too. Don't worry, I'm just not a hardcore fangirl like you."

She laughed then walked over to me and swerved my mouth. She only kissed my check. Obviously teasing me.

"How could a pretty girl like you still be a nerd, and be incredibly sexy"

"God Kian, it's called 'sexy nerds'"

I laughed and kissed her, pulling her waist into my stomach. She slid her hand up my neck and pulled my hair. She started smiling in our kiss. And when she pulled away I picked her up and she landed on her bed.

"God I hate you" she told me.

"That's okay, I'll make up your non-love with my extra love."

Then I pulled the covers over her and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight beautiful"

"Goodnight Kiki"

'I love you' I thought.