Chapter 2: Becoming a fresh-man

So, as I awoke on August 26 at 6:20 AM, I absolutely freaked. My sister made my lunch since I absolutely had no time or energy. And I tried to pull an outfit together. I decided to go with my block cropped Hogwarts T-shirt and a floral skirt from forever 21. I had washed my hair already, so I just styled it by pulling sons back and adding a bow🎀. And of course, my black vans I've had since 7th grade. Zoe told me to loose the shoes, I had gym next quarter but these were my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE shoes, so I said no.

I got to the school, and finally got my school schedule. First was math, so I went down the hall and two the left to Mrs. Jack's room. When I walked in there was only 2 other people, Mrs.Jack and Cory Collins aka the guy that I've been dreaming about since 4th grade. "Hey Emily!" Oh god Emily, don't panic... "Hi Cory!" I say. Ughhh I'm such a dork. "Could I see your schedule??" He asks. I nod and hand him my newly printed (literally still hot) schedule. A huge grin appeared on his face. "We've got 5 classes together!" He exclaimed. "Really?!? Which ones?" I said. "Well there's health, math obviously, history, science, and English. Oh and next quarter Gym." Wow, I thought. My whole day filled with Cory Collins. I knew I couldn't show how I excited I was, so I just nod and smile. His friends Jack Miller and Lou Moore walk through the room. And he bids me goodbye...

My friend Alison Green walks through the door a few minutes later, And sits by me. "Soooooo, talked to Treehouse yet???" Treehouse was what me and my friends used for a "code name in 4th grade. Although Alison wasn't in the same class as Katie Jensen, Mollie Price and I, she strangely knows. "Yeah. 5 whole classes.. Do you think that this year he might like me enough to ask me to homecoming or something??" She looked from me to him before saying, "There is a possibility but you should calm yourself, it's the first day😂"
I immediately started laughing, somehow that made it all okay. I've personally felt way out of his league for a long time...

Mrs. Jack seemed like a very nice teacher. After that I went to Social Studies, and el professor didn't seems as good as Mr.Wood. Cory actually say next to me in Social Studies since I was apparently the only one he knew. And it felt like middle school all over again.

That was how the rest of the day went. I really liked my dance company 1 and seeing Cory was awesome. So obviously, I had to figure out how to tell my family all of this. I decide to tell my stepfather head on. " how was school?" He asks once I make it home. "Oh it was fine." ......I guess my plan didn't work well. I was too good at lying. Obviously not candor.

I wonder what'll happen...

What do you think will happen? - maddy xoxo