Thanks to that, Silen finally could get a nice, long and uneventful, proper sleep for the first time in a while. Even though he is papa's butler and aide, he actually attended to all of the Volmilargs.

An aide for father, a sparring partner for mother, a private tutor for brother Elgifridt, a magic instructor in theory (because he doesn't have magic himself) for brother Aldryth, a playmate for Arvische, an adviser for the head butler and the head maid of our house... and a part-time lullaby-er just for myself. Well. He had it rough.

You worked hard, our Silen.

Our schedule today was as usual except for me and papa. We have to go to the castle today so we have to dress up properly, you could say? Anyway, breakfast was absolutely delicious that morning. Yum~

Our family is quite easy-going compared to how nobles normally behave. If it is other nobles, whether it is an engagement annulment or establishment, they must be busy to doll themselves up. You would always read such scenes in a light novel, right? Can't believe it is actually applicable in life.

Albeit, that doesn't mean we're not dressing ourselves up either. It's just that our clothes are much more simpler than others. We don't even bother ordering new clothes for any special occasion. Sometimes we just wear the same outfit.

I mean, it's a waste.

Huh? Did no one ever say anything?

Who would dare. This is Volmilarg Household we're talking about. The fact that we attend a party itself is rare.

Ah, except for Arvishce. He doesn't go outside at all, that boy. As for the reason...

"Forget about kneeling. Don't mention curtsy. Showing respect is out of the question. I'm afraid even a single nod of acknowledgement is not possible." A smile graced his face as he said so.

...And this is what he answered when we asked whether he wants to join us to the castle.

Arvishce, I think you forgot your age. You are six-year-old this year! Six at most!!! I don't believe a six-year-old child could say this with a pure smile on his face!!! You are definitely the hidden capture target, aren't you!?

Ever since he was little, except for family members, Arvishce never shows more respect than needed. Even in front of the king of a neighboring country, he never lowered his head. Nothing much to say about our country's king if the neighboring country's king himself, was treated indifferently.

That's why, he won't show himself in public. A king was not respected, how would others interpret it? However, we never criticized his personality. Because no matter how you see it, he's not rude.

He speaks politely and meets your eyes when speaking. If people asked him to repeat his words, he would still repeat it softly. He is humble and not presumptuous. A smile always appeared when you faced him. A well-behaved child.

So? What do you want to complain then? It's enough he even respected you as a human being.

Right now he's a child so it's something that can be ignored, but it would be troublesome when he's grown up. Well, that's still a long way in the future so let's not mind it yet.

It is quite sad to know I'll be going alone with papa and Silen. Oh, and the Shadows. I thought mother will be going with us but apparently...

"Good luck." Mother wished us.

"You are not coming with us?"
Papa asked, a bit surprised.

"Yes." She gave us a smile.
"I am afraid my hands will slip and stab the King consciously."