Chapter 6: Camp

A big thank you to anyone who is reading this, please do remember to click the star and Vote for my story.
Also please remember to COMMENT and SHARE my story. Okay, well this Chapter is finally in Daryl's POV, hope you enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We are all searching for someone who's demons play well with ours." -Unknown

Daryl's POV:

"Destiny Jameson, it's nice to meet you Daryl." She smiled kindly at me, as if she wasn't disgusted or didn't want to know me.

"Mmhmm." I told her and watched Sophia with her Mom. This girl helped a girl and she didn't even have a reason too, I respect that.

"How's the kid doin'?" I asked her, as I leaned against the pillar on the porch and she weakly smiled.

"Carl? Thanks to Otis and Shane, he is alive, but Just so you know... I don't like that, Shane guy, I get a bad feeling around him. I think he lied and he killed Otis, to save his own sorry ass." She spoke blatantly honest and looked up at me, showing how fearless she was.

I tilted my head and stared at the strong girl in front of me. Then squinted to examine her closer, trying to see if she was second guessing herself or scared of me.

She was truly something else, because she wasn't scared nor second guessing herself and I didn't know how to reply to her.

So, I grunted and nodded my head at her, glad to have someone that honest around.

She nodded her head back at me and I watched as she went inside and I let out a deep sigh.

For some reason, even though I just met that woman, I actually felt the need to be nice and that is a Damn'd hard thing to accomplish for a Dixon.

I stepped off the porch and stood in front of Sophia and Carol. Sophia was telling Carol about her learning how to shoot a bow and defend herself.

"Glad yer back kiddo, next time don' panic." I told her and ruffled her hair. Glad that she is safe and back with Carol, who knows what would've happened if we had lost her.

"Hey Daryl, it seems like we can stay, until Carl gets better; but I am trying to get Hershel to allow us to stay for a while longer, till then we are setting up camp out here." Rick told me and I nodded my head.

"All righ', well we should be gettin' camp ready then." I sighed and pulled my Bow over my shoulder, walking over to a nice secluded area.

I had set my tent far away from everyone else, because I liked my privacy and because everyone gets on my nerves; what's left of them anyway.

I was sitting under the tree next to my tent, when I heard some twigs break. I picked up my Crossbow and aimed it at whatever was there.

"Hey, it's me, I am no walker, yet... Anyway I brought you dinner, I wasn't sure if you had eaten yet." Destiny mumbled the last part as she offered me a blue bowl, but I noticed the Other bowl in her hand too.

"Next time, try ta make more noise." I sighed, lowered my Crossbow and leaned back against the tree, Glad that I hadn't shot Destiny.

"I'm sorry, I promise next time I will call your name or something, but I do have dinner for you, I hope that makes up for startling you." She smiled and offered me the bowl, the second time.

I stared at her, then the bowl and back at her again. "Uh-huh, thanks, on the stump will do, 'M busy." I told her, as I turned back to the tree, broke off a branch and started sharpening it, to make an arrow, while I waited for her to leave.

"Um... I was actually very curious about your Crossbow, may I please join you for dinner, while I look at your bow?" She asked me, while she sat down, with only about five inches of space between us and stared at my Crossbow, like a kid on Christmas or something.

I tensed up as she leaned a bit closer, to look at my Bow and finally I felt so uncomfortable with how close she was, that I just handed it over.

"Wow, that is so cool! I can shoot a Bow and Arrow, but I bet that this is 80 percent more efficient." She spoke hurriedly as she continued to examine my Bow.

She lifted it up and aimed it at a tree. "Okay, I so need to find myself one of these, thank you Daryl, for letting me hold it." She handed it back to me and started nibbling on her food.

I grabbed my bowl and also dug in, I quickly found out it was rabbit stew. That's a nice change and continued to eat in silence, until every last bit of my meal was gone.

"Thank you for allowing me to join you, I am sorry if I am coming off as pushy, but it's nice to have other people around, you know aside from my family." She laughed and stood up.

"Anyway, Is there anything you want or need Daryl?" She asked me as she grabbed my bowl.

"Jus' sum privacy, why do ya think I moved out this far." I rolled my eyes and went back to sharpening the new arrow I was working on.

"Okay, Well um, if you do end up needing anything, you know where to find me or someone, have a good evening." She nodded her head at me and walked back to the house.

I barely got a word in edgewise, she was a talker and she was polite. Two things I didn't know how to deal with, especially when she was being polite to me.

No one has sat by me and continued to have a conversation even though I didn't say a word. Usually people feel uncomfortable and leave, but she continued to try.

Whatever her reason, I wasn't about to just let her try to get to know me. I don't let anyone close enough to me to matter, it's so that whenever we lose someone, it doesn't seem so bad.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I just wanted to give a special shout out to mahomie_lover02 for reading my story and Voting.
Also please go check out mahomie_lover02 stories. Thank you and Happy New Year!