Chapter 30: Self Saving Princess

"When things are tough, you must be tougher." -Unknown

Destiny's POV:

"Please Des! I really wanna learn! Daryl all ready out right told me no and told em to ask you!" Carl was begging me to teach him how to use my Bow and learn some survival tips.
"Ugh, I want to say yes Little man more than you know, but you need to ask your parents." I told him and I watched his face fall.
I knew he was obviously upset over Daryl denying him the chance at learning from him but I understand why Daryl would brush him off, he doesn't think he's capable of helping anyone or he thinks he'd screw up but I know he'd do a great job.
"If they say yes, then I will teach you to your hearts content...But Only, if they say yes." I laughed feeling exasperated as I rubbed his arm and gave him a stern look.
"Yes! Mom! Mom!" Carl went running to talk to his mom and I almost felt bad for him, 'cause I knew she was gonna tell him 'No'.
"You have an even bigger soft spot for kids than Daryl and he has a pretty big soft spot." Carol smiled as she continued to clean up and I stood up to help, because I felt so useless.
"Didn't Hershel tell you to stay off of your feet?" Carol asked me as she raised an eyebrow at me and I just shrugged.
"At least until your sprained ankle heals, please just listen to them Destiny, it's for your health and for Daryl." Carol stopped cleaning and stood in front of me.
"Okay, but if you need help, please don't be afraid to-" I was telling her when suddenly a skinny Black guy came running in with a knife raised.
Without a second thought, I shoved Carol away from whatever danger he presented and ended up in his arms with a knife to my throat. "This is Our Prison! Y'all don't belong here!" He yelled as he pressed the knife closer to my throat.
I was taking some deep Breaths trying to think through my fear, when I saw Carl step back into the room and my heart raced for worry for him not even myself!
"No! Carl ya gotta get Carol in by you guys, I got this, just keep everyone safe." I instructed him, even though the knife was pricking my neck.
Carol ran past Carl, grabbing his hand and pulling him back into the safety of the other room. She locked the door, despite Carl yelling at her, that they could help me and they looked at me worriedly through the bars of the door.
"I want everyone out of here! I don't want to have to harm this pretty little thing." He called out and I was trying to figure out how to get myself out of this situation.
I closed my eyes, took a deep fortifying breath, Stepped on the guys foot, elbowed him in the stomach and was able to break free.
I was running on adrenaline, I immediately brought my leg up to kick him in his Family Jewels; Until, He caught my leg, quickly punching me in the gut and punching me in the face.
I groaned but, pushed myself to work through the discomfort, I brought my hand up in a fist and with every ounce of anger, I punched him in his throat.
He dropped the knife in a coughing fit, trying to breath again. Before he could collect himself, I jumped for the knife, raised it at him and threw it.
I watched it twirl end over end until it finally lodged into his chest directly into his heart. I heard him gasp and groan, then he fell to the ground. I clumsily stood on my feet and walked over to the guy.
I pulled the knife out of his chest, raised it above my head and stabbed it into his skull, hearing the sickening crunch of his skull as it broke enough for me to make sure he didn't reanimate as a Walker.

What felt like years later, was probably only minutes, I heard arguing, I just couldn't make out the words, until I heard him.
"What! No, fuck!" I heard the voice that always chased away any fears and Nightmares.
"Daryl! Don't-" I was yelling at him to not come in, because I was sure I had blood on me, but Daryl barged in, with Rick and T-Dogg behind him, he had his Crossbow raised and anger made his eyes look almost black.
I was leaning against the cement stairs that lead outside, coming down from the adrenaline high and was glad to see Daryl.
"Told ya I could take care of myself..." I laughed, even though it was the worst time to laugh and I let go of the knife, hearing it clatter to the cement floor, echoing in my ears.
"I'm sorry Des, we hadn't caught him In time, we tried ta get 'ere, but we ran inta herd of walkers." Daryl frowned and I just shook my head.
"It's okay, I'm okay Dare, see he's dead and there is no more threat, right?" I asked him and smiled at him, he nodded his head at me.
"Then I'm perfectly okay Dare, I truly appreciate you always being concerned for me and I'm sorry I make you worry." I apologized and pulled him into a hug, we both needed that right now.
"A few scratches, minor injuries, you're okay." Daryl whispered to himself, as if to assure himself I was really okay.
This wasn't the first time I'd killed a human, I'd killed Shane and now this man which makes two humans dead by my hands. That's still not necessarily easy to process, even though they deserved to die I still had a hard time dealing with the blood on my hands.
Killing people doesn't get any easier, it's harder to deal with as you add on more lives that you ended and it seems to weigh you down. Two deaths and I feel as though I'm some serial killer or something that needs to atone for her sins. I pray I don't have to add more human deaths to my list but in this world, it's almost a given that I'll have more deaths on my shoulders than any one person should bear.
Daryl had picked me Up bridal style and started walking us to our room. Rick patted my shoulder in thanks as we passed him and so did Carol, she nodded her head at me, in silent appreciation.
"Ya scared the fuck outta me Des, I was worried he'd hurt ya or worse hurt someone ya love." He sighed, as his arms held me tighter and I nuzzled my face into his neck.

Before Daryl laid me in my bed, Daryl had gotten me cleaned up, out of the bloodied clothes into a big t-shirt of his, it reached just above my knees.
Daryl, T-Dogg and Rick had put my belongings in my 'cell', but I called it my room.
So, I was in the farthest cell on the top floor and surprisingly enough, it was a big room. It being a 'cell' didn't really bother me, it was actually kind of cool.
Daryl had left me in my room, to goto the bathroom and grab us our meals. I was thankful for everyone babying me, but I was fine. 
I wasn't about to tell Daryl that though, because he would probably go into one of his moods.
Rick cleared his throat, breaking me out of my thoughts, I hadn't even realized he was standing there, huh must've been lost in thought.
"Hey, I just wanted to apologize for what happened today, it could've been prevented, if we had just done something sooner." Rick sighed and I shook my head at him.
"Really, it's fine, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Well, I'm still here, so I must've gotten a bit stronger." I laughed, hoping to lighten the mood and Rick just weakly smiled.
"Yeah, well had anything happened to you, we'd never hear the end of it from Daryl." He chuckled to himself and I just smiled.
"Despite all of the earlier events, I meant to tell you, that when we found the prisoners, they were holed up in the Cafeteria and it had a lot of food." Rick told me, as he stood inside my cell, leaning against the bars.
"So, that is what made dinner tonight aside from the stuff you scavenged. Speaking of dinner, it is ready, that was originally what I came here to tell you, do wanna join us or are you still tired?" Rick asked me, as he stood Awkwardly by the door to my cell.
"I'm okay, I'm not really all that hungry-" I was telling him. "Nah, she's ta tired, but I got 'er plate righ' 'ere, thanks Rick." Daryl spoke for me and I just shook my head smiling.
"Okay, well you two have a nice meal, see you tomorrow." Rick smiled, winked at me and patted Daryl on his shoulder, as he left.
"I guess, we can both say we've had an exciting day then?" I asked him, as he handed me a plate of food and sat down on the end of my bed.
He just scoffed, I knew it was because he was mad, that I was even put in that Kind of predicament.
That wasn't the only reason though, Carol had told him, as soon as he arrived back here, that I had shoved her out of the way. So right now, he was kind of, very mad at me.
×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~
Hey my DW's, I've updated, let me know what you think, by:
COMMENT
VOTE
&
SHARE!
~Destinywriter94