Chapter Twelve: Fancy seeing you Here

Comenzar desde el principio

"Briana! What are doing?"

I jumped out of my skin and spun around rapidly. The boss was towering over me, waiting for my excuse, there goes my first impression.

"I found a bug on one of the shirts and was making sure there were not on any of the others."

He stared at me skeptically at first then relaxed his shoulders.

"Thank you Briana for seeing that."

He startled me by patting me on the back.

"Where is Savannah?"

"Helping out a customer."

"Well, I'd better get back to my office. You are doing great."

That was close! I inhaled and exhaled slowly to calm myself, when the coast was clear, I darted into the bathroom.

About ten minutes later Savannah entered the bathroom to find me.

"Briana! You didn't even warn me how f***ing hot he is! I looked like an idiot!"

"Sorry." I shrugged.

"Why in the world would you avoid a face like that?" She exclaimed, flailing her arms up to the sky.

"It's a long story." I glanced down at my feet.

"I'm listening," Savannah said. I looked at her and her arms were folded, a smug look on her face.

"Come on Sav, we have work to do."

She dropped her arms and frowned,

"You're right, I will ask again after work." She checked her watch, "You have five minutes left. See you after a while."

"You too."

When I headed back to Savannah's flat, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. I was beyond stressed, I didn't feel like telling her why I was trying to avoid Roger. Hopefully, when Savannah comes home she will be too exhausted to ask questions. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

You put on some pajamas and climbed into bed with a book you borrowed from Savannah. So far, the story was great. The story was about a teenage boy who time-traveled into the past during the Victorian period and fell in love with a girl during the ride. You've been engrossed in the book because you could connect deeply to the main character's situation. Hours went by and you were too interested in the book to realize. Knock knock. You heard a knock on your door. You stood up to answer.

"Hi Briana," Savannah beamed, she studied you up and down, "all ready for bed? Don't forget you were supposed to tell me why you are avoiding this blond beauty."

"Savannah, I'm tired and stressed, I don't feel like telling a long story tonight."

"Fine, but you would have to tell me sometime soon."

"I suppose..."

Savannah smiled and said,

"By the way, they work there."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean they work at the Kensington Market too. I know Freddie but I was always too busy to realize him." She shook her head, "How did I never notice him? I only talk to so many people. I always talk to Freddie- I'm new to the job-".

You cut her off, you couldn't hear anymore.

I woke up the next day feeling emotionally drained. Having the energy to just get out of bed was a hassle.

"Briana, it's time to get up."

"I'm aware." I groaned, lying on my stomach with my arm hanging off the bed.