Chapter 8 Tell Them

Astral's POV

Our current predicament of being away from the Tsukumo household and meeting someone with the obvious ability to see me had me thinking much of what to reply. Despite having a chance for another Duel to both find more Numbers and give 'relief from the Sibling Stress' Yuma quoted, I would have to suggest keeping ourselves hidden in order to prioritize and collect our thoughts together on the current situation, but still Yuma went with overthinking and just decided on his own about this stranger. A typical Human nature to jump towards conclusions.

We were just waiting outside where this Charity Duel, I that's what it was called, Yuma was looking at some of his cards from his Deck when the Key started to jiggle on its own while lighting a bit of sun golden glow. Then the Key lifted itself and pointed around the North East as if it was acting as a compass "Yuma, what is the Key doing?" I asked.  

"I don't know" Yuma answered having his hand make itself holding the Key. We have never seen it do that before which got me more confused, but also curious as there are many other mysteries of the Key I would like to figure out. And yet the Key is only doing is floating and pointing for some reason to where it thinks of.

"Hey! Look out! Duck for cover!"

Our attention soon turned to the source of the call. A bulky, tan skinned man with a green and black mohawk was coming this way showing himself with a second year student uniform and also spenders. He was really terrified and was looking right at Yuma as if concerned. Just as he was about to even come to Yuma's personal space, he tripped and landed on his face. 

Once I was able to sense Yuma getting the decency to help the bulking stranger, another voice rang to this side. This time, it was a dark skinned boy around Yuma's height and was wearing a first year student uniform. Behind him were other males, a blonde and silver haired.

"Girag, what the hell were you thinking? You can't just...oh, wha?!" His words were cut off once he turned to see Yuma, which got him startled, but it was brushed off quickly before noticed. The blonde took a defensive position for some reason though the silver haired was not, instead he was curious. 

The dark skinned boy ran to this 'Girag' and helped him back to his feet, still keeping his eyes on Yuma. "Sorry for the trouble, our friend Girag is very...big hearted than you would know. " "Oh it's alright," Yuma smiled. 

"Well then, we accept your forgiveness. My name is Mizar by the way, and...Dumon, what are you doing?" The one called Dumon was very fixated on Yuma and was studying his face close enough to have Yuma feel uncomfortable "You..." he began to say "...have red eyes." 

We were really confused at this statement. And Yuma really felt uncomfortable with the damped personal space "um, thank you." 

"Well that is a nice statement you pointed out Dumon, but we need to get to our seats and I do not like it when we are late" Mizar chimed in dragging Dumon away from us "Alito, Girag, you too!"

Alito and Girag hurried back to the other two and they all left. This group was odd enough, but interacting with them has pacified the Key back to dormant its own power. Does that mean there is a connection between the group and what kind of power the Key has? 

Just as things were going to be silent once more, a surge of sensation swept to the both of us. As if it was telling us of something or someone is coming towards to us. Yuma gave the courage to turn around to find out.

It was Yuma's friends, except Shark was not with them. 

"Wha..what are you doing here?" Yuma quickly asked. His question displayed hesitation and with surprise to the arrival of even the Arclight siblings. Miss Rio was there, but she was not much in the mood to talk much. Bronk spoke first.

"We all came to help, we care about our friends and you, Yuma, are a really great to have. If you could tell us what's going on..."

"I can't!" Yuma bellowed out and this does startle everyone. Yuma noticed this reaction as well as I "I mean...If you knew, it would cause more trouble than actually helping me. I need more time alone with Astral right now, ok?"

While Yuma was talking, I noticed Tori and Cathy were whispering to each other possibly about Yuma. I couldn't hear what they were saying, yet they were sure keen on something to have a conversation about. Though silent, they eventually settled with rock, paper, scissors, causing Tori to go first to approaching Yuma.

Tori: Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong?

She turned back to Cathy waiting for something. Cathy pointed at herself before seeing it was her turn and crept to be beside Yuma and Tori as well.

Cathy: I have never seen such sorrow...

Tori and Cathy: In your eyes, it's like there's no hope for tomorrow.

Cathy: How I hate to see you like...this. 

Tori: There is no way you can deny it.

Tori and Cathy: I can see that you're oh so, sad so quiet.

This wasn't working, but Rio approached Yuma exchanged her hand to him, which he hesitantly accepted.

Rio: Chiquitita, tell me the truth. I'm a shoulder you can cry on. Your good friends. We are the ones you can rely on. You were always sure of yourself, now I've see you've broken a feather. I know we can patch it up together. 

Rio and Trey: Chiquitita, you and I know how the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving. You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end, you will have no time for grieving. Chiquitita, you and I cry, but the sun is still in the sky and shining above you. Let me hear you sing once more like you did before. Sing a new song, Chiquitita.

Yuma: Try once more, like I did before. Sing a new song...

"I...had an argument with my sister" Yuma spoke. This got everyone his attention "She had this 'No Dueling' rule, but I keep disobeying that rule. Once she found out, she ratted me for being not normal and...I ran away, coming here instead."

"That's what is bothering you?" Quattro said with less irritation "That's seriously insane. I don't blame you, but you should have come to any of us instead of getting lost" "He's right for once" Quinton added in ignoring his brother's "HEY!" remark.

"Coming here was something of a good idea" Rio said obviously thinking of something from this "Tell you what, we'll watch you partake in this because it's your way of comfort." "Oh I get what you're saying," Trey replied "We'll support you all the way Yuma, don't worry."

"Thank you everyone" Yuma smiled. I feel a sense of warmth coming from this particular group while it was directly targeted to Yuma, but I cannot seem to find the name for this definition. Once Tori mentioned something about getting seats, Yuma and the group separated leaving just me and him alone until another set of footsteps came from behind.

"There you are Yuma, I've been looking for you cause..." Jyn looked at the group going inside the building and Yuma himself, back to back trying to find the connection "Friends of yours?"

...

This Story Is Not Dead! College is tough.

@peanutcrazy out!