Chapter 4 Jyn's Past

Yuma Tsukumo's POV

Her house is not what I expected.

Because her house is actually a tree house.

There was a ladder that gets us up there while there's also the door which has a knob that seems to be troubling. Jyn can confirm it with her struggle against until the door finally opened.

Inside was something else. There was a sleeping bag filled with a blanket with a pillow besides it while a desk was on the other side. In the middle was a stool with a lamp above was basically the main light. Jyn turned it on using a switch on the cable which was almost around the place.

"I know it isn't much, but it still feels like home to me. Make yourself comfy for the time being" Jyn said. I just laid my stuff next to the door. Her desk has a few books while I noticed a duel disk and a deck in a clean state. "You duel too?" I asked "Yeah, but I usually do it against strong opponents like you, don't touch it though" she answered.

"Why a tree house though?" I asked again "Don't you live with your parents? Or did you run away as well?". She just clinched her fists tight. Maybe I said something wrong. But she glared at me.

"This is the only quarters I have left. My parents have been pushing daisies for years now. It doesn't matter about running away for me anymore" She complained.

Pushing daisies...like...their...dead?

Jyn wasn't finished though "All though, it wasn't my fault Mom and Dad died. I loved them as my parents" "What happened?" I asked.

Her eyes turned to where Astral was as if she was really looking right at him and then turned back to me.

"They were murdered. I'm just a survivor. I came to Heartland City to make a new life" she replied.

"I'm...Sorry about that" I said. I know how it feels to lose family. "It's alright Yuma, though..." 

"I know what it's like to lose family actually. My mom and Dad died years ago". That surprised Jyn much "My sister doesn't consider me her family anymore cause...I'm different and see things different of course".

"Oh, so you have it as well?" Jyn mumbled. Have what? "What did you say?" I questioned. Jyn glanced away "uh nothing" she quickly replied having her eyes on Astral again.

I wonder if she can see Astral as well like me and the others. And speaking of the others, they...could be worrying about me right now.