Chapter 3 Harden My Heart/Shadows of the Night

Yuma Tsukumo's POV

Me and Astral have been outside for nerly 4 hours now and its starting to rain. 

I quickly took shelter by coming to a shaded spot covered due to a tree. My tears soon started to come falling down from my eyes while Astral just watched me sink to my knees.

Yuma: Cryin' in the corner, waitin' in the rain. I swear I'll never ever wait again. You gave me your word, but words from you are lies. Darlin' in my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd go. But it's time to let you know.

I'm gonna harden my heart, I'm gonna swallow my tears, I'm gonna turn and leave you here.

All of my life I've been waiting in the rain, I've been waiting for the feeling that never, ever came. It feels so close, but always disappears.

???: Darling you're in your wildest dreams. You never had a clue, but it's time you got the news.

 Yuma: I'm gonna harden my heart.

???: Harden your heart.

Yuma: I'm gonna swallow my tears.

???: Swallow your tears.

Yuma: I'm gonna-

Both: Turn and leave you here.

"Hello sunshine"

Astral and I turned to see someone coming from the tree above us. It was a girl I guess our age wearing just a magenta hoodless sweater with black sweatpamts and multicolored sneakers. She's wearing a pink baseball cap which may go well with her dark brown hair, but the weirdest thing was that she has a thin scar on her left eye even though it's still turquoise like her right one.

"Who are you?" I asked "Rainswed," she replied stroking her hair "Jyn Rainswed. And you?".

"Yuma...Tsukumo" I answered. Normally I don't give people I just met my name, but it looks like she expects me to "If I remember, weren't you that winner of the tournament those days ago? I kept hearing that on the streets" she asked again. I just nodded. Guess I'm famous now because of that. Jyn flicked her hair to her left shoulder while still having that smile "You got a place to stay? The rain's getting worse" she said pulling out an unopened umbrella from her side. I shook my head, I don't think Kari wants me inside anymore.

"I don't think so anymore" I answered. Jyn just smirked and opened that umbrella by her side "Well then, you can stay with me at my house if you like. I could use the company" she requested.

"Uh, sure" I quickly answered. Astral kept glaring at Jyn probably because she's still a stranger. Jyn then just grabbed my hand and kept the umbrella in above the both of us.

Jyn: You say, oh boy, it's a cold world when you keep it all to yourself. I said you can't hide on the inside all the pain you ever felt. You better ransom your heart and baby don't look back, cause we got nobody else. We're running with the...

Jyn and Chorus: Shadows of the night. So baby take my hand, it'll be alright. Surrender all your dreams to me tonight.

 Jyn: They'll come true in the end. Yeah.

Yuma: I'm gonna harden my heart.

Jyn: Harden my heart.

Yuma: I'm gonna swallow my tears.

Jyn: Swallow my tears.

Yuma: I'm gonna-

Both: Turn and leave you here.

Yuma: Darlin' in my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd go. But it's time to let you know.

Yuma: (along with Jyn and Chorus) I'm gonna harden my heart. I'm gonna swallow my tears. I'm gonna turn and leave you here.

Jyn and Chorus: (along with Yuma) We're running with the shadows of the night. So baby, take my hand it'll be alright. Surrender all your dreams to me tonight. They'll come true in the end. 

"Come on Yuma, let's get inside".