Chapter 2 The Argument

Yuma Tsukumo's POV

The next morning, the one thing that woke me up was the nudging hand of Astral. Even though he doesn't touch much, he can touch me easily due to our close bond. I thought this was a 3 day weekend or something.

"Yuma, your friends are outside" Astral spoke. Wait, they are?! I slowly opened my eyes and peeked out the window and saw Shark and Tori near my house and coming this way. I should get ready.

"Yuma! Get down here, breakfast is ready!"

That would be her; my sister.

I got my clothes on quickly and went downstairs while I secretly grabbed my duel disk and deck. I can't let Sis know still. Too risky. I finally got downstairs seeing a piece of toast on a plate with butter. I placed the toast onto my mouth and went to the door.

"Alright, I'm going with my friends, see you soon" I said about to leave.

"Hold it right there," sis said glaring at me. Oh, boy. Something tells me this isn't going to be good. "And where are you going?". Uh, oh. I  can't tell her the truth. "I, uh, going to go with my friends" I told her. Only one eyebrow was raised. That's not good. "And, what are you and your friends going to do?" she asked again. Sweat was starting to come to my face, this is bad.

"You're not going to duel some stranger or with your friends, are you?" She then asked. My face was expressionless. Astral is just standing next to me not doing anything "What?! I'm not going to duel? Why do you think I would do something that isn't allowed by the rules of this house? That's outrageous! You know I'm a big boy..."

"So you are doing these duels aren't you?" She interrupted. Oh no, the jig is up as they say. I just gulped. I'm a terrible liar.

"Yuma Tsukumo, How many times do I have to tell you about this. You got to stop getting into serious trouble. Dueling is one of the reasons we lost Mom and Dad" Kari angered about. Oh jeez, I get this almost every time I get in trouble. She always gets on my usual side seeing it as very strange or creepy. I can't stand that "Kari, I'm old enough to know what's wrong or right. I'm not the little boy from before, I'm in high school now" I talked back.

Kari seems more intense than most arguments from before. This might be different than the others. "Yuma, you're still young to understand..." "YES I DO!" I shouted back surprising her "DAD ALWAYS WANTED ME TO BE WHO I WANT TO BE, BUT YOU KEEP PUSHING ME AWAY TOO FAR AND I'M SICK OF IT BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T CHANGED FROM ALL THOSE YEARS!" Astral seems deeply shocked by the my voice being raised. I never done that before.

"Yuma, I'm trying to protect you, you still need to understand this" Kari finally spoke. Protect me? That doesn't seem like protecting me at all "Protecting me? What you've been doing doesn't seem like protecting me, and besides, I already got my friends including Astral" I reply.

"Again with the Astral thing, it's like the talk of the house. You need to learn that it's just your imagination and just be normal for a change" she demanded. That was when I felt really mad, mad at Kari for saying something that felt like the end of the world to me "But I can't," I answered back "I'm stuck with being able to see Astral and having these powers. My friends accept me for this, so why can't you?" Kari seems really mad now, I could tell due to her face being red with anger "Yuma you still have no idea what you're talking about. Dad always was saying you were his favorite even though you have issues. And Mom too saying you were so peculiar and special. YOU WERE ALWAYS THEIR FAVORITE YUMA! AND YOU WERE THE MOST WIERDEST! I DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU'RE MY BROTHER ANYWAY!"

That actually felt like my life drained away. Kari doesn't consider me family. A worst fear just became real.

That's when I opened the door and stormed out of the house. Astral followed me though.

Kari Tsukumo's POV

I watched Yuma run off by himself. My words jut hurt his own feelings, ever since Dad and Mom died, he had this sometimes.

What have I done?