Chapter 1 The Reason

Yuma Tsukumo's POV

"Now I overlay Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Girl" I said as the two Gagaga monsters envelope in a bright light and enter a cosmic whirlpool "With them I build the overlay network. I Xyz summon Number 39: Utopia!" And like that Astral and my signature monster has arrived. circling around Utopia was two overlay units, however I don't need them as I raised my hand into the air with a card from my hand  "now I activate Gagaga girl's special ability, since Gagaga girl was used in an Xyz Summon, your attack points go 0" I explained , watching the opponent's Monster loses its attack points that fast "and now Utopia attacks. Go Utopia attack now!" I said as Utopia attacked the opponent's monster and reduced the opponent's life points to zero making me the winner of this duel.

Astral and I noticed our friends coming this way with smiles on their faces. So we came to their side where Shark put his hand on my shoulder "that was pretty good there, you were getting little good there" he said to me. Little good? Little good! "hey I was better than that!" I yelled.

"Actually, he meant that you're getting better than before" Tori explained. That would make sense then. And better than Shark's comment.

"Well you better get back to your place. I heard your sister is worried about you" Rio said pointing to the outside clock. Oh great, I'll be late for dinner. Astral and I ran back to the house for dinner even though Astral doesn't seem to eat at all. 

Once we entered through the door, there was my sister Akari while Grandma and Lilybot weren't there "so where were you this time?" she asked me. I never tell her about me dueling strangers, but that's one of the reasons she doesn't want me to duel at all "I uh was with my friends" I said. That's at least half true. I was with my friends of course. Akari still was glancing at me "really" she said "Well, dinner is coming. Go wash up" she said.

I complied just quietly going to instead the attic where I usually sleep. Brings back much memories than being in my room.

You see the things, my sister and I are orphans. Mom and Dad died years ago by disappearing when they were journeying unknown regions. They have been conformed dead and so we have been declared orphans. It's tiring when people keep reminding you that you lost your parents. It tends to be...very painful and heartbreaking.

No matter how much it seems tomorrow would bring hope and joy. It still comes back to haunt you no matter what year or how old you are.

That is why I tend to hide dueling with Akari, because she won't let me move on at all.