"Wait- does he even know where you live?" Alexa, who along with Soyeon had been quietly pretending to be eating her lunch this whole time, suddenly asked then. Causing Cassandra to let out a frustrated groan as she leaned over the table. Resting her head on the cool wooden plate.
"No, he doesn't. This idiot.."

»»»

The door bell rang at exactly 19:58. Dragging Cassandra out of her bed to open it.

"How did you know were I live?" she asked Taehyung amused, after seeing him leaning at her door frame. He bit back a grin. "I have my ways.."
His way of never exactly telling was a bit tiring, but also funny to her. She playfully rolled her eyes, stepping aside to let him enter then.

She walked in front of him, leading him through the hallway.
"Nice house," he said while looking around as he followed close behind her. "You live here alone?"
"No. It's just that my mum is visiting our relatives."
He hummed, while following her through the hallway. Noticing all the posters of paintings on the walls. Dalí, Busch, Klimt, Monet and.. "Van Gogh!" he suddenly exclaimed enthusiastically. Causing her to giggle in amusement. For a moment he reminded her of a kid. "You like Van Gogh?"
"I do, actually. One of my favourite painters," he smirked.
"Interesting.." she mumbled, making him raise a brow at her.
"And why so?"
"I didn't expect you to be into art. You aren't an art student after all."
"You didn't expect me being into astronomy either."
"True."
"Besides just because I don't study it, doesn't mean I don't enjoy it," he replied monotonously. Though she could tell from the look of his eyes that he was teasing her.
"My favourite artist is Dalí," she stated then, "I love surrealism."
"Interesting.." he said, mimicking her previous statement about him.
As they passed by the open door of her room, his eyes fell to the corner, where he recognised a canvas. Below, some colour tubes, a palette and some brushes. He instantly stopped, mesmerised by it.

"Did you paint that?" His mouth fell slightly agape. It was a painting showing a city by night. The view was angular and everything was in shades of blue and beige. Except two cats, a brown and a white one, which were sitting on a roof. It was very atmospheric.
She nodded. "Yeah. You know the film 'Aristocats'? It's one of my fave Disney films and it's inspired by it."
He entered the room to be able seeing it from up front. Indeed he could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. "I know it, by I've never watched it," he admitted, "The painting is really beautiful though. I've always wanted to go to Paris."
"I've been there," she grinned then, walking up to him. "It's indeed very beautiful. You know the film 'Midnight in Paris'? Exactly that, just without the time-travelling."
Taehyung glanced at her with a soft glare. Redirecting his eyes back to her painting.
"That film is literally the reason I want to go there," he chuckled under his breath then.

He liked astronomy, he liked art, he liked 'Midnight in Paris' and he liked her painting. Not expecting much, she went on. "Are you perhaps into films?"
His brows furrowed at her random question. "Uh, I'm in the film department actually?"
She internally face-palmed herself. You knew that. Stop embarrassing yourself, she thought. "Well, look behind you then," she said, quickly changing subjects.
He did as he was told. Seeing the wall next to the door being covered by shelves with films. "A-are those all yours?"
"Yup. Pretty cool, huh?"
He went closer, going through all the titles. Trying to contain his excitement about all those film titles he knew and liked. "'Reservoir Dogs', " he read out loud, "One of my film projects was inspired by this."
Her eyes widened. "I love this film!"
"Seriously, Cassandra," he said then, straightening himself, "I didn't expect you to be so into films."
"Why? Because I don't study it? You know, just because I don't study it, doesn't mean I don't enjoy it." Now her being the one mimicking his previous statement and tone. He shot her a glare, before letting out a dry laugh.

"Anyway, come now," she said then, leaving the room. Him almost stumbling when quickly following her. "Huh? Aren't we studying here?"
"Of course not. We're going to-"
She suddenly paused her hand from pushing down the door knob. She was standing in front of the attic's door. She hadn't thought much about it, her brain automatically leading her there. Only now she was finally processing what she was about to show him. Making her hesitate.

Her attic was like her secret place, no one knew about. It was where she would go when she needed to think, when she wasn't feeling well or when she just wanted to be by herself.
However, was there any better place than this to talk about astronomy and the universe? She didn't think so.

She didn't know Taehyung very well, but he trusted her to keep his secret - even if there was another one he didn't know about - so maybe she could trust him to keep hers. And after all, he did seem like a cool dude. At least his taste in art and films was great.
So after a short moment, she eventually opened the door and they went up another small staircase. As she was in front of him, she quickly stepped aside when reaching the top and turned around. Somehow anticipating his reaction to this place.
And when he walked in and looked up, she knew she had made the right decision. His expression being priceless.

His brown eyes grew wide at the sight of what was in front of him. Him instantly walking to the center of the small room and looking up to the sky through the glass.
Since it was summer, the sun hadn't gone down yet. But it was preparing to. The sky being tinted in a mix of blue, orange and dark pink. Soon it would be completely dark blue and then black. With the first stars appearing. Her house being on a hill keeping unnecessary light away.

She knew what Taehyung was thinking. It was literally him against the firmament. And she couldn't advert her eyes from him, taking advantage of his distraction. His eyes seemed to be scanning every detail of the piece of sky he could see. Him clearly enjoying this view, which brought a smile to her face. He appreciated every part of this because he knew how much it meant.

Eventually, he took his eyes from the sky, redirecting his gaze to the girl standing next to him. Somehow moved by what she had shown him.
"This place.." he breathed out then. His eyes sparkling. The corners of his lips tucked into a smile. It was a genuine smile. He was thankful. "This place is amazing."
Cassandra just shrugged nonchalantly, feeling somewhat proud of herself. "I knew you'd like it." She turned on the lamp next to the bed then. They couldn't study in complete darkness after all. As soon as they sat down, he started rummaging in his backpack, Cassandra feeling relief washing over her when seeing the familiar silver binding.
"So, what topics are you specifically interested in?"
"I thought for the start the life phases of stars."

»»»