0.1

»»»

It had been a while since Cassandra had felt like this about the weather.
The warm sunlight sneaking through the holes of her blinds emulated a sky full of stars on her warm skin. Stretching her arms, she let the light run through them.

As much as she enjoyed contemplating this little universe of hers, she had to get up and do something.

With a sigh, she forced her body to sit up. The bed sheet sliding down as she knelt on the mattress, putting up the blinds and opening the window. She felt the summer.

She had never been much of a summer girl, but when feeling that light breeze surrounding her, she did feel like going out that saturday afternoon.

Even though she had quite some stuff to do this day -scroll through her phone, fangirl, watch some videos and new episodes from tv shows- there was also a last term paper she had to deliver before classes ended for this semester. Usually, she always worked on something instantly, almost with no procrastination at all. Not because she was such a nerd and loved the work. No, but she simply couldn't enjoy herself if there was still work waiting for her. So in order to finally laze around and do the previous mentioned stuff, she needed to first finish anything else as soon as possible.
However, something about this specific topic given to her disrupted her usual behaviour.

She simply wasn't interested in the art genres after the 1940s. Causing her to still not having finished it. However, against her conscious, she decided not to continue working on it just yet, and instead go out.

»»»

Cassandra wasn't really sure what she was looking for. In fact, she would just pick anything that sparked her interest.
Walking down the manga aisle, she automatically stopped. Scanning the shelves for the ones she read, to check if any new volumes got released. She pulled one out then. Number 96. She let out a dry laugh. "You ain't finishing any time soon, huh?" she mumbled to herself, putting it back to its place. Realising with disappointment that there were't any new ones, she continued walking towards the science aisle of the book store.

To be honest, she wasn't really the best in science other than biology and astronomy. However, she somehow was still quite fascinated by it. Especially at the later one as her grandfather was an astrophysicist. And their interest for everything related to the universe was something they shared. He had even bought her a telescope at her 10th birthday. The same year he had retired from his job.
As he lived quite far away, two and a half hours away by plane, he had told her that they could still see each other through that telescope, as it would be connected to his.

She was well aware of the fact that it was a lie, but still though it had been 14 years since then, she still liked to think that whenever she needed him, she could just go to her telescope and watch the stars with him.

Then finally something caught her eye.

She tried avoiding that aisle as much as she could, since she would always pick books related to the same stuff, but she really couldn't help it this time.
It's silver shimmery spine made a contrast with the black and brown books surrounding it.

She carefully pulled it out and read out the title: Polaris - Northern & Southern Lights

"Guess we have a winner," she mumbled to herself with a satisfied smile. Turning around to leave with the book when something prevented her from doing so.

"Uhm, I want that book actually."

»»»

i know probably no one is gonna read this story, but i'm still back with a new one :))))
oops.