Eternity Isn't Long Enough

[3 Months Later]

Hayley hasn't been the same since found out about her being a ripper. She doesn't talk, and she barely feeds, although she controls herself splendidly. Caroline can't make her eat, and Tyler can't get her to come out of her room, which is destroyed.

When Hayley got to it, she took out her anger on the objects in her temporary room.

She flipped her desk over, and threw her lamp at the wall. She destroyed her bookshelf, and ripped apart her pillows. She scratched the walls. Caroline says she's losing it, and convinced Klaus to talk to her.

Klaus knocked on the room door, then opened it, when no one answered.

Hayley sat on her bed, in the darkness, holding her knees up to her chest. Her hair was a mess and so was her room. He saw her eyes, from the light of the moon, and walked over.

He sat next to her, and she didn't move like she did with the others. She let him sit, and move her hair behind her ear.

"Hayley, you haven't fed in months. You need to at least eat something. No. When I feed, I kill. And I can't kill anyone. Not anymore." Hayley spoke quietly, taking a quick glance at him.

"You won't. Just drink from the blood bags and-

If I feed off blood, I get hungry. And if I get hungry, I'll run off and feed, killing someone, so no, I will not feed at all."

She said and Klaus sighed.

"Fine, don't feed from blood bags, but you must feed." He pulled up his sleeve, and bit into his wrist. "What the hell are you doing?" She growled, turning to him, and upon seeing the blood, she got off the bed, and backed away.

"Klaus no. Hayley you won't hurt me. I could!" She said and he came closer to her. "You can't drink from humans because you're afraid you'll kill them.

You can't drink from a blood bag because, you're afraid that you'll find a human and kill them.

I'm not human Hayley, you can't hurt me. You can feed from me." He bit into his wrist again, and backed Hayley into a corner.

"I-I could hurt you. I don't want to hurt you.

Just drink."

He said, and pushed his wirst towards her. She brought her hands up to his arm and gripped it. She opened her mouth, and bit down.

She stared up at him, before closing her eyes, and biting down harder. She pulled his wrist closer, and he pulled her into his chest, before she sped forward. She slammed him against the wall opposite to her, and he stroked her hair, while she feed heavily.

It took Hayley 30 minutes before she forced herself to pull away. She wanted to go back for more, but turned away from Klaus, so she wouldn't.

"Thanks." She said over her shoulder, and  Klaus watched his wound heal, before walking up behind her.

"You're welcome. So are we," she turned to speak, but tripped, seeing how close they were. Klaus caught her before she fell, and balanced her again.

Her eyes found his, and they changed. He let his hands slide to her waist, and she gasped.

"What are you doing?" She breathed and he moved his hands, but she caught them. She pulled them back to her waist and kept them there.

He looked down at her, and she looked up at him. He saw the darkness lurking in her eyes, the pain, and the guilt.

He tilted his head, and moved his hand up to her face.

Her breath hitched, watching him, and he pushed her hair behind her ear, playing with her earring. He grabbed the back of her head, and pulled her closer to him.

Their hearts beat faster than ever before, and Klaus let his other hand travel up to her face and grip her neck and, he pulled her head as close to his as he could without kissing her.

He leaned forward a little more and sealed his lips over hers.

It sents shocks of pleasure through Hayley, and she loved it. It wasn't lustful, it was full of love and passion, and Klaus tilted his head getting a better angle.

Pulling away, he saw Hayley had her eyes closed, so before she could open them, he sped off.