She exited the building and saw the bus had just left. She had no choice but to wait for the next bus.

Label made it to work by 7:05am.

"You're late, again!"

"I'm sorry, Gaston. The bus was late and I--"

"No excuses! You should take an earlier bus if you want to arrive on time! Now, hurry up and help lay out these plates and cutlery. We have a big reservation to prepare for today!"

Gaston was the head manager of the restaurant. He strived for excellence and his diligent personality often clashed with his employees.

Label hung up her coat and got right to work.

"Who's the reservation for this time?" Label asked her coworker.

"Some celebrity hot shot. One of those up and comers from the marquee."

It was after opening hours and the morning went on as usual. Customers came in, ordered food, ate and then left. Label greeted and sat each of the customers that came through the front doors. The restaurant was located on the posh end of the city and its reputation quite often attracted celebrities, so it wasn't uncommon for Label to occasionally meet some high profile industry workers. This perk was the only reason she stayed at her otherwise miserable job. Her hope was to meet someone from the fashion industry who could help her get her foot in the door.

Lunch time rolled around and a rather large group of customers entered the restaurant. This must be the big reservation. She greeted the guests.

"Table for nine, under the name Horace Hillbottom."

The name sounded familiar to her but she couldn't pinpoint exactly where. Must have been from a poster she'd seen once. She asked them to follow her as she brought them to their table.

As they all sat down she noticed there were only eight of them seated.

"Are we waiting for one more?" She asked after introducing herself.

"Yes, he'll be here any minute now. Ah! Here he comes now."

She turned to the front door and saw the most gorgeous looking horse she'd ever seen, clearly the right choice for the Marquees next star in the making. As she approached him she began to get a feeling she'd seen him before.

"Label? Is that you, buttercup?"

Oh no. She definitely recognized that nickname, and suddenly knew exactly who he was. Horace was one of her ex boyfriends from high school back in Animal Village. She dumped him for being a total dweeb and told everyone in her school that they never really dated in hopes that it wouldn't tarnish her high school reputation. Horace looked quite different now that he was older. Oh, how the tables have turned.

"Oh my... Horace. It's been so long, your skin's cleared up."

"Yeah, ever since I got a sponsorship deal with this hot new acne cream company, my skin's been great!"

Something about the the words 'hot', 'acne' and 'cream' in a sentence made Label shiver.

"Wow, that's so great for you! Well... this is your table."

"Oh, right! Thanks. Well, it's nice to see you again after so many years."

Label walked back to her post as awkwardly as she possibly could have.

She spent the next few minutes anxiously looking at her watch.

"Somewhere you gotta be?" asked one of her coworkers.