15. YOU'RE TOO YOUNG

Start from the beginning

"I don't intend to tell him more than he needs to know, Molly," Sirius explained, "But as he was the one who saw Voldemort come back, he has more right than most to-"

"He's not a member of the Order!" She fought back, "He's only fifteen and-"

"And he's dealt with as much as most in the Order, and more than some."

"No one's denying what he's done!" Molly exclaimed, her voice rising as she clenched her fist, "But he's still-"

"He's not a child," Sirius said impatiently.

"He's not an adult either," Molly yelled, her face turning red, "He's not James, Sirius!"

Dawn's eyes finally snapped up, she looked at her mum before glancing over at Sirius, noticing his dark expression, she could see the pain in his eyes and even she felt bad at what her mother had just said.

"I know perfectly well who he is, thanks, Molly," Sirius replied coldly.

"I'm not sure if you do! Sometimes, the way you talk about him, it's as though you might've got your best friend back!"

"What's wrong with that?" Harry suddenly asked.

"What's wrong, Harry, is that you're not your father, however much you might look like him. You're still in school and adults should be responsible not to forget that," Molly explained, her eyes hadn't even shifted from Sirius as she spoke.

"Meaning I'm an irresponsible godfather?" Sirius responded, his voice rising

"Meaning that you've been known to act rashly, Sirius. And it's also why Dumbledore keeps remind you to stay at home-"

"We'll leave my instructions from Dumbledore out of this, thank you very much."

"Arthur!" Molly suddenly yelled, swivelling her head to look at her husband, "Arthur, back me up."

Dawn looked over at her father, he looked completely shell-shocked at the attention that was suddenly thrown at him. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish for a moment before finally composing himself enough to speak, "Dumbledore knows the position has changed, Molly. He accepts that Harry will have to be filled in - to a certain extended - now that he's staying at the Headquarters."

"Yes, but there's a difference between that and inviting him to ask whatever he likes!"

"You don't have to tell him everything," Dawn finally spoke up, everyone's eyes turning to the Dragonologist, she felt Remus squeezing her hand reassuringly, "He can ask anything he wants but it's up to Sirius to determine what's too much to know. I did the same with the twins," She confessed, keeping her face emotionless.

"You did what now?!" Molly roared, fire burning in her eyes.

"I told them things to a certain extend," Dawn explained, "They're of age, they're allowed to know certain things."

Molly opened her mouth to speak when suddenly Remus cleared his throat, "Personally," He said quietly, but loud enough for people to look at him, "I think it's better Harry gets the facts, not all the facts, Molly, but the general picture from us, rather than a garbled version from...others."

Dawn glanced to her side, smiling at the older man sitting besides her.

"Well," Molly breathed out, looking around the table for support that didn't come, "Well... I can see I'm going to be overruled. I'll just say this: Dumbledore must have had his reasons for not wanting Harry to know too much, and speaking as someone who has Harry's best interests at heart-"

"He's not your son," Sirius said quietly.

"He's as good as," She replied furiously, "Who else has he got?"

"He's got me!" Sirius replied, his voice fierce.

"Yes," Mrs Weasley sneered, "The thing is, it's been rather difficult for you to look after him while you've been locked up in Azkaban, hasn't it?"

"Mum!" Dawn hissed as Sirius rose from his chair.

"Molly, you're not the only person at this table who cares about them," Remus interjected, "Sirius, sit down."

Molly bottom lip trembled as Sirius slowly sank back down into his seat, his jaw locked tightly, his eyes almost darker than his hair. 

"I think Harry ought to be allowed a say in this," Remus continued, "He's old enough to decide for himself."

"I want to know what's been going on," Harry declared.

"Very well," She said in a quiet, defeated voice, "Ron. Hermione. Ginny. Fred. George. I want you out of the kitchen, now," She ordered.

"We're of age!" Fred and George bellowed together.

"If Harry's allowed, why can't I?" Ron shouted throwing his arms up in the air.

"Mum, I want to hear!" Ginny wailed.

"NO!" Molly roared, shushing the room instantly as she stood up, her expression hard, "I absolutely forbid-"

"Molly, you can't stop the twins," Arthur calmly said, "They are of age."

"They're still at school..."

"But they're legally adults now," Arthur replied in a tired voice.

Molly's face reddened, "Fine," she huffed out, "Fred and George can stay, but Ron-"

"Harry will tell me and Hermione everything you say anyways," Ron told her, before he looked at Harry uncertainly, "Won'-Won't you?"

Harry nodded his head and quietly muttered, "Course I will."

Ron and Hermione beamed proudly before the pair left the dining area and quietly made their way up the stairs.

"Ginny. Bed!" Molly yelled.

Ginny groaned loudly as she stamped up the stairs, her footsteps loud and angry before she too disappeared out of sight. Molly quickly shut the door as Sirius leaned his hands onto the table, his eyes purely focused on the spectacled boy besides him.

"So...Harry, what do you want to know?"