"He has a group. We're not sure how big" Glenn added quietly.

I looked between the group. They were frightened, all of them.

"You need to fix his leg and fix my hand quickly. If his group finds us I can't protect you with my hand like this" I said raising it up to show him.

Everyone squirmed. It did look pretty disgusting.
"You're in no fit state to even be out of bed, let alone fight" Maggie said with a look of concern.

"I'm fine" I mumbled before turning to Hershel, "help the kid" I said.
He nodded before leaving.

•~•~•~•

I sat outside on the deck with my back resting against the house. Maggie insisted that I went back to bed but I couldn't go back up there and not know what's going on. I felt helpless.

I rested my head back against the house. My hole body ached, especially my hand and head. I clenched my jaw in pain before sitting back up and looking out to the farm.

"You're in pain aren't you" Glenn said appearing out of nowhere.
I turned and looked at him. His face was full of concern and sympathy.

"I'm fine" I said giving him a small smile.

"No you're not" he said crossing his arms.

"Well there's nothing anyone can do. So I'll be fine" I said.

"C'mon" he said nodding towards the farmhouse.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Back to bed"

"I can't Glenn. I can't just lay there helplessly not knowing what's happening" I said looking up at him.

"Hershel has nearly finished with the kid, why don't we just go and wait for him up there? And once he's finished with your hand you can come back down yeah?" Glenn said kindly.

I nodded. I pushed myself off the floor with my left hand struggling to get up. Then I felt a hand on my right elbow and shoulder helping me get up.
"Thanks" I said quietly.

"C'mon" he said leading me into the house still holding onto me.

Once we got up to the bedroom I sat on the bed.
"I was gonna leave you know?" I said looking down.
"If Lori didn't go after them I was going to leave. And probably if Lori didn't crash the car I'd be gone by now" I added still looking down.
"I don't believe you" Glenn said sitting at the end of the bed.

I looked up and frowned.

"If you wanted to go so bad you would have left. You wouldn't have stayed to help Lori, you would have gone. What's stopping you from leaving after Hershel fixes you up?" Glenn said looking at me.

"That group that the kids from. I've got to stay and help" I said looking at him.

"You don't have to stay" he said.

"What do you mean?" I frowned. Did he want me gone?

"You want to stay. You care about us. That's why you went with Lori. That's why you nearly killed yourself protecting her and that's why you're still going to stay" Glenn said still looking at me.

I shook my head looking down.
A few moments passed when we didn't speak.
Maggie and Hershel walked into the room.

"Let's get your hand fixed" Maggie said smiling.
"How are you feeling?" Hershel asked walking over to the chair next to me and putting a first aid box on it.
"I'm fine" I said forcing a smile
"She's not" Glenn said standing up "she's in a lot of pain"